Oregon

Halloween Wedding in Portland - Venue ideas?

We are planning a Halloween wedding (2014) in the greater Portland area, but I really need some venue ideas. My brother got married at McMenamin's Edgefield, so that is out for me. We do not want a church wedding. Our theme is Alice in Wonderland (think Tim Burton, not Disney), and we're anticipating about 100 guests.
Any ideas would be great! Also, if you have experience with a particular venue, your review would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Re: Halloween Wedding in Portland - Venue ideas?

• Hi Tara-
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding, it sounds really fun!

There is a place in Sellwood that was once a funeral parlor turned music venue that just closed and reopened as something else. I drove by it the other day, but I don't remember what is there! That could be cool if it turned out to be bar or restaurant.

Are you open to any other McMenamins locations?

One problem you may run into is that the venue may be being used for Halloween events if your wedding is on Halloween. Such as at the Kennedy School.

There are a couple of all inclusive ballrooms that could totally be decorated for your theme. Adrianna Hill Ballroom is the one I was thinking of, but there are more.  Adrianna Hill is Victorian style. http://www.adriannaballroom.com/ballroom

Good luck! I will try to think of more things!
  • Bella Via in Sherwood might be a venue you would want to check out. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards