Oregon

Inexpensive Outdoor Reception Venues? Portland, OR

I'm having a hard time finding a reception venue that meets me needs/wants! 

I'm trying to keep the venue/food costs at or under $6000, I'm hoping for something outdoors- rooftop terraces (all that I've found have been too much $), gardens/parks, or even and indoor industrial space would be perfect!

Is there anything even remostely close to what I want in Portland, or am I too picky?

Re: Inexpensive Outdoor Reception Venues? Portland, OR

• Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden fits your requirements. It is a 100 outdoor venue that I believe they rent for 4000 to 4800 for a day. Council Crest, the International Rose Test Gardens, and the Hoyt Arboretum would all work also. All the city parks like Cathedral Park, Laurelhurst Park etc. are available for rent. The only real concern I would have about any of them is that they are public parks and you might have strangers trying to look on. Lake Oswego has the Foundry, the strip of parks along the Willamette starting with George Rogers Park, and Mary S. Young [sp?] Park. There are quite a few places. Good luck and I hope the list I gave you is a good starting point.
  • Urban studio has good reviews, Ecotrust has a rooftop terrace, ADX in SE looks fun. There is a space in NW pearl district that for the life of me,  I can't remember the name but it was a non profit that rented out a huge space for event, I'll try to come up with it.
    October might be pushing it to have your whole event outside but Columbia Park in N Portland has Columbia Cottage right next to a couple of the outdoor sites, so you could rent indoor and outdoor. The cottage is not huge though, how many guests do you expect? If you check portland public park sites, also check picnic sites rather than just wedding sites. We picked a picnic site because it had enough picnic tables for everything we needed and not only do we not have to rent tables and chairs, we don't have to set them up or take them down!
  • Check out Leach Botanical Gardens and Blue Lake State Park.
  • There is also a wedding resort on Foster Rd a little past SE 120th. I don't remember the name of it and it might be expensive, but it is worth checking as well.
  • The Beach!  A permit is only $150!  I'm definitely looking at it more seriously now!
  • Have you checked out the Lake House at Blue Lake Park? It is in Fairview Oregon and is just a lovely place. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards