Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW/PW: Sewing

Okay, I know we have a few ladies on here who sew.  I've been tossing this idea around for a few days, and I think it's going to happen as soon as I get my next two projects knocked out, so I wanted to see if there's interest.

I'm thinking of doing a quilt-along on my blog (here).  Buggle helped me work up a pattern, and I'm still putting together the details (cuts, etc).  Would anyone be interested in doing it with me?  It would be a quilt-along in the most basic sense.  I'm not going to have a finished project at the start and go through every step.  I'll try to stay a step ahead, but what you'll see at the beginning is a prettier version of the pattern.  

It's also a relatively simple pattern - two different types of blocks, log cabin and half square triangles, and you can determine sizing for yourself (I'll have fabric amounts for three different sizes).

So, thoughts, feelings, emotional outbursts?
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: AW/PW: Sewing

• Options
    I want to do it!! Do I need a blog? Cause I have one but I never ever update it lol
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    No blog needed!  I'll set up a flickr group where you can add, and if you'd like to blog about it, I'll make sure we have a button and you can linky your posts.

Also, no skills required - it's going to be pretty simple, so all you need is a sewing machine a couple basic things.  When I do the first post, I'll make sure I list out necessary tools, give you some suggestions on where to get them, and I'll post up what I'm using. 
    I french with my man
  • Options
    That sounds awesome. I just got a new machine and it kinda hates quilting large things.. so it should be interesting but it'll be great at piecing. I think I may need to find some super skinny batting or something. I'm not sure why it gets pissy when quilting.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    One could always hand quilt!

I'm itching for a FMQ foot.  I can't sew straight to save my life, so I feel like loops or something would work out really well for me.  Curse you, feet, for being so expensive!
    I french with my man
  • Options
    You know I'm in.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards