The whole day was fantastic! I loved (almost) every second of it and my H was super handsome.
My highlights of the day:
- getting married!! The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and so fun. I giggled like a school girl.
- The reading during our sand ceremony. I slipped in a Friends reference and a lot more people laughed than I thought would. It was perfect.
- My MOH got HAMMERED drunk at the reception (was cut off at 9 pm) and ended up making out with the BM and invited him and another GM up to her room afterwards. They both said no.
- The afterparty at the bar. It was just some of our closest friends and one of my favorite bartenders. We all got drinks/shots on the house and just had a great time continuing the party. I also got to drink with our photogs. I love them so much.
- Forgetting to shave my armpits until I put my dress on. My MOH and another BM rushed to the rescue and shaved them for me. It made for lots of laughs and some great picturs.
- The Father/Daughter dance my mom and I did. I didn't know she could dance that well! And we bawled the whole time. It was great.
The not so awesome things:
- I went out to my car to head to my hair appt and I had a flat tire. H had been pestering me for weeks to get it fixed and I kept putting it off. Luckily, Elle was there with her car and we jumped in and took off.
- My florist showed up 15 minutes before I was supposed to walk down the aisle. I was ready to throw things.
- My MOH got HAMMERED and was screaming at everyone and then crying on everyone. Even my pastor noticed.
- My BM is pregnant and hadn't told anyone yet. Between the ceremony and our grand entrance into the reception, she came out of the bathroom in tears. She'd been bleeding pretty heavily and we were both terribly afraid she was miscarrying. Her parents arrived shortly after dinner to take her to the ER. I was by her side the whole time and drunk MOH didn't understand. During the afterparty, I got a text from BM with a pic of the baby, happy and healthy!! Dad is overseas and got the news the next day.
- Everyone started leaving early. It kinda sucked. Most everyone was gone by 10:00. I had to keep telling myself that a lot of them had flights to catch or worked at a church and had to be up early the next day.
ETA: the flat tire story and health update on the BM and baby!
And now. the pictures!
"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow.
They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc