Not Engaged Yet

AW: Wedding Recap PIP

The whole day was fantastic! I loved (almost) every second of it and my H was super handsome. 

My highlights of the day: 
- getting married!! The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and so fun. I giggled like a school girl. 

- The reading during our sand ceremony. I slipped in a Friends reference and a lot more people laughed than I thought would. It was perfect. 

- My MOH got HAMMERED drunk at the reception (was cut off at 9 pm) and ended up making out with the BM and invited him and another GM up to her room afterwards. They both said no. 

- The afterparty at the bar. It was just some of our closest friends and one of my favorite bartenders. We all got drinks/shots on the house and just had a great time continuing the party. I also got to drink with our photogs. I love them so much. 

- Forgetting to shave my armpits until I put my dress on. My MOH and another BM rushed to the rescue and shaved them for me. It made for lots of laughs and some great picturs.  

- The Father/Daughter dance my mom and I did. I didn't know she could dance that well! And we bawled the whole time. It was great. 

The not so awesome things:
- I went out to my car to head to my hair appt and I had a flat tire. H had been pestering me for weeks to get it fixed and I kept putting it off. Luckily, Elle was there with her car and we jumped in and took off.

- My florist showed up 15 minutes before I was supposed to walk down the aisle. I was ready to throw things.

- My MOH got HAMMERED and was screaming at everyone and then crying on everyone. Even my pastor noticed. 

- My BM is pregnant and hadn't told anyone yet. Between the ceremony and our grand entrance into the reception, she came out of the bathroom in tears. She'd been bleeding pretty heavily and we were both terribly afraid she was miscarrying. Her parents arrived shortly after dinner to take her to the ER. I was by her side the whole time and drunk MOH didn't understand. During the afterparty, I got a text from BM with a pic of the baby, happy and healthy!! Dad is overseas and got the news the next day.

- Everyone started leaving early. It kinda sucked. Most everyone was gone by 10:00. I had to keep telling myself that a lot of them had flights to catch or worked at a church and had to be up early the next day. 

ETA: the flat tire story and health update on the BM and baby!

And now. the pictures!

--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary

Re: AW: Wedding Recap PIP

• I absolutely LOVE everything about this. You were so, so beautiful, Aud! 

That's hysterical about your armpits! 

• Beautiful photos! Overall, what a lovely day!

Sidenote: I hope your BM is okay. That must have been scary for both of you.
  • Ahhhhh I can't wait until Em gets you the rest of your pictures.

It was such a great day.  <3

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wedding-recap-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:72c28db7-bcc3-4d92-a474-e25bd5dc900fPost:b7422837-dc5f-4d69-9413-d4c69d61a519">Re: AW: Wedding Recap PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I absolutely LOVE everything about this. You were so, so beautiful, Aud!  That's hysterical about your armpits! 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>I can't wait to see pics of the armpit shaving party. It was hilarous! </div><div>
    </div><div>Stitches, I went and added an update: mom and baby are happy and healthy! She is on bed rest for another week as a precaution. Dad deployed 4 weeks into the pregnancy. </div>

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I LOVE ALL OF THIS SO MUCH.

Congrats.  You were so gorgeous.  I can't wait to see the rest of your photos <3
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • OMG your pictures are wonderful! I love the one of your H looking at you with the huge smile on his face! So beautiful!

I also just spit out my water reading about your armpit dilemma! I will probably end up forgetting that as well lol.
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wedding-recap-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:72c28db7-bcc3-4d92-a474-e25bd5dc900fPost:c95bccaa-f898-418f-865b-b6aeac7d6de1">AW: Wedding Recap PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE] My BM is pregnant and hadn't told anyone yet. Between the ceremony and our grand entrance into the reception, she came out of the bathroom in tears. She'd been bleeding pretty heavily and we were both terribly afraid she was miscarrying. Her parents arrived shortly after dinner to take her to the ER. I was by her side the whole time and drunk MOH didn't understand. During the afterparty, I got a text from BM with a pic of the baby, happy and healthy<strong>, and I kept looking at the picture (and then bursting into tears of relief) every 30 seconds.</strong> Dad is overseas and got the news the next day.Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

FTFY.
  • So beautiful!  I love it!

I also love how you documented your highlights and lowlights.  This seems like a perfect scrapbook post :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wedding-recap-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:72c28db7-bcc3-4d92-a474-e25bd5dc900fPost:3094db8a-da57-4369-bb2f-ec3d003c2822">Re: AW: Wedding Recap PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: Wedding Recap PIP : I can't wait to see pics of the armpit shaving party. It was hilarous!  Stitches, I went and added an update: mom and baby are happy and healthy! She is on bed rest for another week as a precaution. Dad deployed 4 weeks into the pregnancy. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh good! All's well that ends well!</div>
  • Audrewuh - I literally SQUEE'D at my desk when I read the title of your post! (that makes it sound like I peed or something...but I promise I didn't!) It sounds like you had such a wonderful day...and I also love that you documented the "not so awesome things" as well. Just goes to show you are a woman who can roll with the punches!

You photos are so pretty! I love the one of you tapping your DH on the shoulder for your first looks. The look on his face is priceless!
  • Congrats on your wedding! :) I love your pics, especially the first look photos. That's how every groom should look at his bride on their wedding day :)
  • Love all of this!   You were a stunning bride.   Love, love, love the pic of your H's first look! 
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • So happy for you Audrewuh! Your after-party at the bar sounds so awesome - I'm not even engaged, and you've already made me decide that I want my someday-wedding to end exactly the same way! Also - your dress looks so perfect on you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wedding-recap-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:72c28db7-bcc3-4d92-a474-e25bd5dc900fPost:31269c3c-880e-44d6-b5b4-03b40a8b07da">Re: AW: Wedding Recap PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to AW: Wedding Recap PIP : FTFY.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! I forgot that part too. Gah, that whole thing was so scary! Seeing that pic of my godbaby all safe and sound was the best news ever. And I was druuuunk. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wedding-recap-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:72c28db7-bcc3-4d92-a474-e25bd5dc900fPost:69a341b2-cb45-49f0-a641-949daecbadfc">Re: AW: Wedding Recap PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Audrewuh - I literally SQUEE'D at my desk when I read the title of your post! (that makes it sound like I peed or something...but I promise I didn't!) It sounds like you had such a wonderful day...and I also love that you documented the "not so awesome things" as well. Just goes to show you are a woman who can roll with the punches! You photos are so pretty! I love the one of you tapping your DH on the shoulder for your first looks. The look on his face is priceless!
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]

<div>I can't wait to see you in our dress!! You're going to rock the hell out of it, for sure!</div><div>
    </div><div>If I hadn't been able to roll with the punches, I would have punched someone. Namely, my MOH. Lol.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wedding-recap-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:72c28db7-bcc3-4d92-a474-e25bd5dc900fPost:f69f1f05-a28f-4fc5-a1e6-000157d1c88b">Re: AW: Wedding Recap PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: Wedding Recap PIP : I can't wait to see you in our dress!! You're going to rock the hell out of it, for sure! If I hadn't been able to roll with the punches, I would have punched someone. Namely, my MOH. Lol.

haha - well tell her to thank her lucky stars then because I feel sorry for anyone who ever ends up on the wrong end of any of your punches.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wedding-recap-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:72c28db7-bcc3-4d92-a474-e25bd5dc900fPost:d7e4d0f8-19dd-4177-ab62-cf68339b5a76">Re: AW: Wedding Recap PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: Wedding Recap PIP : Thanks! I forgot that part too. Gah, that whole thing was so scary! Seeing that pic of my godbaby all safe and sound was the best news ever. And I was druuuunk. 

You kept pulling out your phone, looking down at it, then looking back up with your bottom lip stuck out and your eyes all teary.  It was cute.
  • You looked beautiful! And it sounds like a wonderful day - I'm so glad your friend's baby is safe and healthy :)

• Ahhh!!! You looked so beautiful!  I adore the picture of your husband seeing you for the first time, I love your portrait shot, I love the ceremony shots, I love it all.  Congrats!
  • You looked amazing!  I love B's reaction, it's perfect and priceless.  

I am so glad you recaped on here!  I love the armpit story!  That will be a memory for you kids.  I'm glad your BM was ok.  

Elle: tell us your favorite parts?  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• You look beautiful.  I'm glad you had such a great day!

Anniversary

• Aud you look amazing!  What a beautiful wedding, you both look so in love ^_^
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Congratulations! Those are some amazing wedding photos!
  • I'm glad you had such a great time! You looked absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad everything worked out (minus the armpit shaving incident lol).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • GORGEOUS!  Congrats, Aud. Looks like you had a wonderful day!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I love everything! Except for your MOH getting all drunkers and making a bit of a scene (it seems). I'm so so glad that everything turned out alright for your expectant BM! That sense of relief is like no other feeling in the world.

Congratulations you OMH!!!

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• I loved reading your recaps.  congratulations again, married lady!  :)
  • I've been waiting to see this post! Yay you're married!

Your pictures are beautiful!

• Thanks ladies!! I can't believe it was just a week ago!! 

• You look gorgeous! The photo of your DH when he first saw you in your dress is priceless!
    I'm glad that your bm and her little one are okay. It sounds like it was an amazing day. :D
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards