Not Engaged Yet

Save the Sharks!!!

There's a new proposal up in front of the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission that severely effects a smoothhound sharks in NJ, VA and NC.  Smoothhound sharks currently aren't subject to quotas, but the measures they're considering not only put quotas into place, but relax leniant finning standards further.

Here's the blog post from the founder of Shark Advocates International explaining the full impacts of the legislation up in front of ASMFC.  CLICK

All I'm asking for you all to do is to send an email telling ASMFC that you oppose their increase on the finning ratios, and that you support banning finning immediately.  

You just need to do this by tomorrow at 5PM.  Here's the contact information, also found at the end of the article.

Marin Hawk
ASMFC
1050 N. Highland St., Suite 200-A-N
Arlington, VA 22201
comments@asmfc.org

I usually don't request stuff like this, but we all know sharks are near and dear to my heart.  So please send an email/letter!!!
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Save the Sharks!!!

• Do it!

If you don't save the sharks, I can't dive with them!

And I'm terrified of them eating me, but I wanna dive with them because they are SO COOL!

:)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Oh Peek you know if it has to do with marine life I'll sound the siren! 
  • This is the response I got from her:

Thank you for your interest in coastal sharks.  The reason the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission is including the 12:88 maximum fin: carcass ratio in the Addendum is because that is what is included in the Shark Conservation Act of 2010.  You are correct, National Marine Fisheries Service has not implemented the Act yet, but as our federal partners, we are aware of the direction that they are going in.  Public comment periods are intended to solicit opinions from the public, and “fins-naturally-attached” is a valid public comment.

I feel sick.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards