Not Engaged Yet
Options

S/O: "Popular" things you don't get

2»

Re: S/O: "Popular" things you don't get

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_so-popular-things-you-havent-seenreadetc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:dfc26be9-f826-49ca-9c53-610f9e899896Post:6d3dcd0b-c686-42a4-99c2-7e5483f76cd4">Re: S/O: "Popular" things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't get Alex and Ani bracelets.  I think they look nice on other people, but whenever I try one on myself I don't think it looks good. I don't get why people love cream blushes.  They make me feel like a clown. I don't get why anyone would like Benefit's They're Real Mascara.  It's ClumpCity. I don't get people who are OBSESSED with sports.  It's a game, silly...why are you yelling? I don't get people who don't love dogs.  Does not compute. <strong>I don't get running.  You're hot.  You're sweaty.  You're panting.  How is that fun for people?
    </strong>Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

I know, this makes no sense.  I run because it burns calories and works my legs and because when I'm done, I can say, 'Holy cheesewhiz, I really just ran X miles!'  Bragging rights, I guess.  Even though I run, I still mostly agree with you.  It's awful a lot of the time.  Yet worth it.

Another one I don't get is Tosh.0.  Every time I turn that show on, it's just videos of people throwing up, and that is neither fun nor entertaining.  Gross.
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_so-popular-things-you-havent-seenreadetc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dfc26be9-f826-49ca-9c53-610f9e899896Post:087133b2-c1c0-41bc-8117-62f2a4c8f215">Re: S/O: "Popular" things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: S/O: "Popular" things you don't get : I know, this makes no sense.  I run because it burns calories and works my legs and because when I'm done, I can say, 'Holy cheesewhiz, I really just ran X miles!'  Bragging rights, I guess.  Even though I run, I still mostly agree with you.  It's awful a lot of the time.  Yet worth it. <strong>Another one I don't get is Tosh.0.  Every time I turn that show on, it's just videos of people throwing up, and that is neither fun nor entertaining.  Gross.</strong>
    Posted by radleyboo[/QUOTE]

<div>I promise it's not all throwing up! There's usually like one, two at most, of those in the whole episode. </div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_so-popular-things-you-havent-seenreadetc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:dfc26be9-f826-49ca-9c53-610f9e899896Post:3d37fd3f-57ac-4275-b318-491231c247bd">Re: S/O: "Popular" things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: S/O: "Popular" things you don't get : I promise it's not all throwing up!<strong> There's usually like one, two at most, of those in the whole episode</strong>. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll give it another try.  FI wants to watch it, but I hate the puking stuff.  Why does he include that?  I don't get it, but maybe I'm weird. 
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_so-popular-things-you-havent-seenreadetc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dfc26be9-f826-49ca-9c53-610f9e899896Post:fc3bc0df-d570-4f4d-a269-69364f02256c">Re: S/O: "Popular" things you don't get</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: S/O: "Popular" things you don't get : Ok, I'll give it another try.  FI wants to watch it, but I hate the puking stuff.  Why does he include that?  I don't get it, but maybe I'm weird. 
    Posted by radleyboo[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not a huge fan of seeing people throw up and I definitely cringe when he shows those videos but I absolutely LOVE Tosh. FI and I watch it often and I generally pee myself during every episode . I like "stupid" humor, though (I also love Family Guy and Seinfeld) if that helps. </div>

• Options

Thank goodness...I thought I was the only one not to see the GODFATHER (my 100% Italian SO thinks he's in the mob on his down time)

and as for peplum tops and long pointy finger nails...not much of my thing either! A little too high maintenance

but to each his own!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards