Not Engaged Yet

Monday Chit Chat

Just a little over 2 hours to go until I'm done with my workday! I'm feeling super hopeful that tomorrow is finally the day I will get to quit my job, and I am ridiculously excited about that. As soon as I'm done working, BF will take over baby-sitting our very needy post-op pup, and I'm going to head out to do some shopping. I'm in need of some pointy-toed black flats, and maybe a new pair of pants to wear to tomorrow morning's interview.

Has anyone seen any good movies lately - new or old? What are y'all having for dinner tonight? Have any great book recommendations (I know this is asked a lot, but I end up reading most of what is recommended, and then I need new recs!)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Monday Chit Chat

• Hi there! I have about an hour and a half to go before I can head home. I'm trying to decide if I feel like going shopping after work or not. Loft is having 40% off for their friends and family which is where I'd head to but I'm not really in a shopping mood today. I need to get a few more things for my HM. 

I saw 'The Place Beyond the Pines' on Friday. It was ok. I wish I had waited until it came out on DVD, though. 

For dinner, I'm being pretty boring and just having grilled chicken with veggies. I have frozen Greek yogurt for dessert, which I'm excited about. 

I haven't read a book in a long time :(

• BF and I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark yesterday; I hadn't seen it in about 3 months, so I consider that good. My mom sent leftovers from yesterday's get-together to my place, so that's what we're having tonight. Probably we'll eat the pulled pork and freeze the chicken, we've got buns, chips, fruit salad, lemon cake -- I'm really excited. I've got one whopper of a cold, so nothing tastes right.

Have you read Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet? I liked that a lot.
  • I hope all goes well tomorrow with the interview! Two hours from now I will be heading to the grocery store and to the gym to get my work out on. I ran 5 miles at lunch which I'm really happy about and I'm going to do some weights at the gym tonight.

For dinner I saw this recipe on pinterest for a black bean and quinoa wrap. You can also add hummus and avacado so I might experiment with that and see how it turns out.

How is your puppy recovering?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e29a04b8-e994-447b-865b-b409c30ca566Post:b76ca674-5fd2-4fa7-818f-912ed29f2ceb">Re: Monday Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>BF and I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark yesterday</strong>; I hadn't seen it in about 3 months, so I consider that good. My mom sent leftovers from yesterday's get-together to my place, so that's what we're having tonight. Probably we'll eat the pulled pork and freeze the chicken, we've got buns, chips, fruit salad, lemon cake -- I'm really excited. I've got one whopper of a cold, so nothing tastes right. Have you read Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet? I liked that a lot.
    Posted by KeptInStitches[/QUOTE]

<div>FI and I watched the Last Crusade last night! I haven't seen that one in a really, really long time. Temple of Doom is my favorite. </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e29a04b8-e994-447b-865b-b409c30ca566Post:1e8956e1-885f-4b8e-be33-e8ca3a894f09">Re: Monday Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Chit Chat : FI and I watched the Last Crusade last night! I haven't seen that one in a really, really long time. Temple of Doom is my favorite. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>I didn't know you liked Indiana Jones! Cool!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e29a04b8-e994-447b-865b-b409c30ca566Post:b76ca674-5fd2-4fa7-818f-912ed29f2ceb">Re: Monday Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE] Have you read Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet? I liked that a lot.
    Posted by KeptInStitches[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I haven't read that one, but I just looked at it on Amazon and I think I might like it. I'll have to see if I can download it for free somewhere, because I'm a criminal like that...</div><div>
    </div><div>Mhollister - My puppy has been completely pathetic (in the most adorable way) since her spay surgery. She seems afraid to walk still (unless we have treats, in which case she trots right on over), so we end up carrying her from room to room. She didn't go to the bathroom for two whole days after we picked her up, but everythings working ok on that end now. Tonight she gets her last dose of her pain meds, so I hope she's okay tomorrow. We have not left her alone once since we picked her up from the vet, and we're afraid to do so until she gets her stiches out, so I'm trying to make plans with friends this weekend since BF and I can't leave the house together!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hummingbird - have you heard anything about the job you were talking about last week?
  • They've been playing all the Indiana Jones movies on TV a lot recently.  I like the old ones, the newest one kind of sucked, LOL.

For books, I'm currently re-reading the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning.  I absolutely love those books!  Also, I'm working my way through the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole.  They're pretty good for a PNR series, interesting characters and a little different paranormal 'breeds'.  And of course, the author I will plug every single time books recs are requested because she's my favorite is Kristen Ashely.  I think I've read every book at least once (most twice) and they are all great (some better than others obviously, but worth the $3 they cost for an ebook).

We'll probably have to go grab something out for dinner tonight.  Not only have we not gone grocery shopping, but our garage door is broken, so we'll have to work on fixing that tonight instead of shopping/cooking.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e29a04b8-e994-447b-865b-b409c30ca566Post:302351ec-ff26-4beb-9c6d-81c524710131">Re: Monday Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Chit Chat : I haven't read that one, but I just looked at it on Amazon and I think I might like it. I'll have to see if I can download it for free somewhere, because I'm a criminal like that... Mhollister - My puppy has been completely pathetic (in the most adorable way) since her spay surgery. She seems afraid to walk still (unless we have treats, in which case she trots right on over), so we end up carrying her from room to room. She didn't go to the bathroom for two whole days after we picked her up, but everythings working ok on that end now. Tonight she gets her last dose of her pain meds, so I hope she's okay tomorrow. We have not left her alone once since we picked her up from the vet, and we're afraid to do so until she gets her stiches out, so I'm trying to make plans with friends this weekend since BF and I can't leave the house together!
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

Aw poor thing. Bella was pretty pathetic too when we got her spayed. She didn't move at all and it was sad because she seemed so helpless but as soon as the cone came off her head she was fine. Luckily when we got Cheyanne she had already been fixed when we rescued her but she has epilepsy and bone spurs so that's a whole other thing.

I hope she gets better soon though and you and your BF get some time to go out together.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e29a04b8-e994-447b-865b-b409c30ca566Post:a3ec37a9-bb72-4712-97ca-e93c4f30dcf3">Re: Monday Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hummingbird - have you heard anything about the job you were talking about last week?
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>They made me an offer, but it was less than what I'm making now, by several thousand dollars. I basically told them that I needed to make X (what I'm making now), and that I couldn't accept less than that. They said they needed a few days to think about it, and Friday they asked if I could come back in for a 2nd meeting tomorrow morning. They want to go over the details of the position again, and they want me to meet the one person on the team I haven't met yet. The woman I spoke with also promised that we would come to an agreement by the end of the meeting. I really, really, hope they just want to make sure they all like me, and that by the end of the meeting they'll offer me what I'm asking for. Then, I can drive home with a smile on my face and give my boss 2-weeks notice. </div><div>
    </div><div>Although I'll miss working from home, I am reeeally excited about this position. I'll probably talk all about it once everything is finalized, but I'm afraid to jinx it right now!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ooooh, good luck!  :)
  • Yay for a shopping trip! I love those...

Has anyone seen any good movies lately - new or old?
    I have seen two GREAT movies recently. 42 (the baseball one) was wonderful. I wasn't as interested in seeing it as FI...but I ended up really liking it.

Silver Linings Playbook was also great. FI and I went to see that at the cheap seats last weekend and both of us really loved it.

What are y'all having for dinner tonight?
    I'm probably having shrimp and broccoli. I may even pick up a sweet potato on the way home!

Have any great book recommendations
    I wish. I haven't been reading much lately...but I might scout out other's book recs and steal one!
  • Hope your pup feels better soon!

Movie wise FI and I watched Chasing Mavericks yesterday.  It's based on the true story of a surfer from CA.  I was surprised at how much I liked it.  It probably helped that Gerard Butler was in it and looking pretty hot.

I just read a handful of books recently, and can only remember Sarah Silverman's Bedwetter.  Its crass, but funny if you like her comedy.  I would read it before going to sleep and I'm pretty sure FI thought I was nuts laughing to myself.

Dinner tonight is crockpot pulled pork and probably some veggies that I pull out of the freezer.  My house smells like serious bbq sauce right now and its making me hungry.  Not cool because I am redonk pms bloated at the moment and shoving my face full of yummy goodness will not help the pants situation.  Yoga pants are not exceptable to wear in front of customers. 
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e29a04b8-e994-447b-865b-b409c30ca566Post:611d9b64-2140-4a26-a46d-f5fce391e856">Re: Monday Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay for a shopping trip! I love those... Has anyone seen any good movies lately - new or old? I have seen two GREAT movies recently. 42 (the baseball one) was wonderful. I wasn't as interested in seeing it as FI...but I ended up really liking it. Silver Linings Playbook was also great. FI and I went to see that at the cheap seats last weekend and both of us really loved it. What are y'all having for dinner tonight? I'm probably having shrimp and broccoli. I may even pick up a sweet potato on the way home! Have any great book recommendations I wish. I haven't been reading much lately...but I might scout out other's book recs and steal one!
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]

<div>I want to see 42, everyone I know who has seen it has liked it. Silver Linings Playbook was definitely one of my favorite moves of the past year. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sorry your puppy is so sickly, hum! Hopefully she's just milking it right now. 

Movies: I watched ParaNorman yesterday before my Sunday nap! It was pretty good, considering it's an animated kids movie! It's on Netflix.

Books: I just finished reading The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson last night. It was really good, but I think having to turn my kindle off to prepare for landing right in the middle of the climax screwed up my experience of the end of my book. 

Dinner: I've got a meeting at 7, so I'll probably just pick up Subway here in a bit. We have no food in our apartment right now... 

I heard 42 was really good. I want H to go see it with his guy friends. They looove baseball.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I've been back and lurking for weeks and weeks. 

I'm flying out to PA for my neice's wedding this weekend. I'm very excited. Finals? Not so excited. They start next friday. 

I'm not a huge movie person. But I've been watching movies from the Studio Ghibli movie collectiong BF got me. I'm not sure if they're anyone's cup of tea here, though. Haha.

I'm undecided. I have to go to the grocery store to buy some provisions for Dexter for when I'm gone. I'm just hesitent about buying groceries when I'm going to be gone for five days. I don't have much except for ramen and snacks.

Have any great book recommendations?
    Anything by Jodi Picoult is a good choice! I'm reading her newest book The Storyteller and am loving it! Otherwise I'm just stuck researching things that aren't as fun as reading fiction. 
  • FI & I watched Argo last night.  It was really good.  That's all I got, I'm exhausted heading off to bed in a few.

Anniversary

• Well, it's technically Tuesday now, but I just got off of work, so oh well.  I got a price for a corgi puppy and if it wasn't so far out of my reach on such short notice, I'd get one right now.  But I can't cough up almost $1200 in a week and a half.  If I had a few months, then probably.  I'm going to email the breeder to tell her to keep in touch with me about the next litter and hopefully I can have saved enough to get one then.  I'm super excited about hopefully getting one within the year.

Um...I don't think I've watched any movies lately.  

Fried Green Beans.  I'm so excited to eat them.

Have any great book recommendations?  I've been re-reading the Blood Singer series by Cat Adams.  They're favorites of mine.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-chit-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e29a04b8-e994-447b-865b-b409c30ca566Post:0ad708c7-5766-4d47-be4b-4cfa89f6edbe">Re: Monday Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI & I watched Argo last night.  It was really good.  That's all I got, I'm exhausted heading off to bed in a few.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Argo was such a good movie! It stressed me out watching it though because it was so intense at parts.
  • I know I'm a day behind, but I'm SO slow on Mondays. I wish I could crawl into bed and work on Mondays.

Last movies we saw in the movie theatres was GI Joe and Jurassic Park. I didn't pick the first one. We just saw a movie on HBO the other night that starred Will Ferrell and Zach Galifinakis where they're running for political office, it was so funny! I can't remember the name right now.

Last night for dinner I grilled some chicken thighs for BF and I had a hot dog (I get grossed out by chicken with skin and on the bone). I made a Greek pasta salad on Sunday so we had that on the side and then BF made a weird cucumber concoction with heavy cream and sour cream. I don't know what it tasted like but it looked gross. Tonight we're both having hot dogs and salad. We just bought a new grill and use every day. I love it.

Last book I read was "Just One Night". It's part 1 of a three part series. My friend recommended it to me. It was an okay book, I'm not in any rush to download part 2 yet on the iPad.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards