Chit Chat
Options

First Time BM and Wedding Planner

I hope this is the right place to post, I wasn't quite sure, but here goes.
I've agreed to be the planner for my friends wedding, as well as a bridesmaid. I'm just a little concerned because I've never planned anything like a wedding (I am trying to build a party planning businness right now, so I have some planning experience, just not weddings). Also I'm just a tad worried about the logistics of being both the planner and a BM. The bride is amazing, super chill and cool, not a bridezilla type at all, so no worries there, but I just really wouldn't want to screw anything up for her special day you know? As a bridesmaid/planner, I know it will be a bit tricky to try and help plan as the planner, and yet be her cheerleader and the "there for her" friend as a bridesmaid. Anyway, like I said, I'm sure it'll be okay, but I would LOVE any advice, warnings, etc you all could give me.

Re: First Time BM and Wedding Planner

• Options
    Yeah, that's gonna be tricky.  You will be the go-to person at the wedding and reception for any questions, details, where does this go, where does that go, who is doing this, etc.  You are the one who will be pinged for everything and  you will be with the bride - which means she is getting interrupted too.

We had a planner for our last DD's wedding and she was busy and occupied the entire time.  She left the wedding as soon as everyone was down the aisle and headed straight to the reception venue to ensure everything was ready for cocktail hour and dinner.  She was on her feet the entire night ensuring everything was running smoothly.
  • Options
    I think you need someone else to be the day-of coordinator so that you will not have to try and do both during the actual wedding.
  • Options
    Are you getting paid to do this?
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    We have already agreed there will be a Day-of coordinator. Sorry, I should have put that in the Original post.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_first-time-bm-and-wedding-planner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:0268324b-95f6-42cb-897e-3f4826b1659fPost:f731c77e-45c9-4731-b905-7eed1e106a9d">Re: First Time BM and Wedding Planner</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have already agreed there will be a Day-of coordinator. Sorry, I should have put that in the Original post.
    Posted by Romance&Whimsy[/QUOTE]

Ditto Linger.

You'll be super busy prior to the event, but as long as you've worked and planned properly with the DOC, there shouldn't be much conflict.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, no conflict, I'm just looking for advice, and encouragement, as I've never been a bridesmaid or a wedding planner.
  • Options
    Without knowing answer to the previous question, I can't tailor my advice. But wether you are being paid or not, get a contract together. It's imperative to both parties' protection that one be on place. Very clear expectations, limitations, and resource listing is essential. Youd be amazed how many people insist they don't need a contract, then later everything falls apart around an issue that could have been avoided with a contract.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards