Chit Chat
Options

Boston Marathon explosions

Please, everyong send some vibes/prayers/thoughts to those that are in the Boston Marathon right now, and vibes to give strength to those responding.

In case you haven't heard:
my blog - for the love of ein
'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81

Re: Boston Marathon explosions

• Options
    As far as I know, all my friends and family are safe. Still praying for everyone else. The story is continuing to develop. Reports of bombs, but I don't think anything has been confirmed yet.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Last I heard (of course this is all speculation at this point), there were two large 'packages' that were sitting in front of that building.

I have some friends running too that aren't front runners, so I'm waiting to hear from them as well. The world just feels more cruel and unpredictable every day. :/ Things like this dishearten me very easily.
  • Options
    :( T&Ps go to them.
  • Options
    One of my future step-sisters in law was planning to watch the marathon today but changed her mind at the last minute. My other future step-sister in law is stuck downtown and trying to figure out how she's going to get home.
  • Options
    What has the world come to?  Can't even have a fun marathon event without some crazy (or crazies) trying to kill people.

I hope everyone involved is ok.  This is just mind boggling.

• Options
    My family members running are OK, but we had a brief scare.  Nobody could get in touch with my sister who told a cousin she was heading in there today.  She went hiking instead and turned off her cell, but that was scary for a minute there!
  • Options
    I just heard about this how awful.  I hope everyone winds up being ok.

Anniversary

• Options
    Ugh.  It's so sad and so scary.  I'm watching necn which has shown and said some pretty graphic things.  My dh works in Boston, but not close to the marathon area.  Hope he doesn't have any issues getting home.  My thoughts and prayers are going out to all these people.
  • Options
    Looks like they have found a device/devices that have not yet exploded. Hopefully they can track down the SOB that did this.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    just turned it on. Prayes go out to the familes. Its a scary world we live in today. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    My friend was down there working the finish line.  She is fine but but really shaken up. I am stuck in my building right now.
  • Options
    I cannot believe this happened, wth is wrong with people.  Today is such a great day for MA, and some jerk wants to ruin it.  T&P to everyone there.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm secretly hoping this was an accident and not an act of terror or hate.  My thoughts and prayers are def with everyone in Boston.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_boston-marathon-explosions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4f13f0c4-0c15-47ad-b915-a327cb59aab5Post:5bff3acf-3267-4896-8a15-7f7cc6c3b88c">Re: Boston Marathon explosions</a>:
    [QUOTE]My heart aches.  I just pulled up a news site and thought "that's blood on the ground". I just don't understand the world.
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

<div>I thought that too. When it first appeared on the news there were 3 or 4 live streams of local news stations that you could watch the live footage, but they all got yanked at once - I think for safety reasons, and because things were still very much unfolding.</div><div>
    </div><div>Breaks my heart.</div>
  • Options
    Just reported...2 dead and 23 injured.  So sad and so pointless.  What the heck was this to prove?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_boston-marathon-explosions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:4f13f0c4-0c15-47ad-b915-a327cb59aab5Post:7f604e5a-3842-4f2b-b243-66d5735f1509">Re: Boston Marathon explosions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm secretly hoping this was an accident and not an act of terror or hate.  My thoughts and prayers are def with everyone in Boston.
    Posted by 50ShadesofMe[/QUOTE]
    It was a bomb because they found a one that did not explode down the street. Of course this was reported by the news and they have been known to be wrong.
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    I am watching NBC live coverage and Brian Williams says that they will not comment on if it was or was not a bomb or a gas explosion until the forensics team has completed their investigation

ETA:  Hence why they are using the word "explosion" as opposed to "bombs"

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_boston-marathon-explosions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4f13f0c4-0c15-47ad-b915-a327cb59aab5Post:db24c6b9-f675-478a-8c91-87fadfe03d57">Re: Boston Marathon explosions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am watching NBC live coverage and Brian Williams says that they will not comment on if it was or was not a bomb or a gas explosion until the forensics team has completed their investigation ETA:  Hence why they are using the word "explosion" as opposed to "bombs"
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

<div>Some news sources aren't nearly as savvy. This was from CNN's front page just a second ago  '<span style="background-color:#ffffff;color:#5a524d;font-family:Georgia, serif;font-size:13px;line-height:18px;">Boston Marathon organizers say two <strong>bombs</strong> went off near the finish line of Monday's race.'</span></div><div><span style="background-color:#ffffff;color:#5a524d;font-family:Georgia, serif;font-size:13px;line-height:18px;">
    </span></div><div><span style="background-color:#ffffff;color:#5a524d;font-family:Georgia, serif;font-size:13px;line-height:18px;">I understand everyone being hyped and terrified at terrorist/crazy man attacks with bombs, but we kind of do it to ourselves.</span></div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_boston-marathon-explosions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:4f13f0c4-0c15-47ad-b915-a327cb59aab5Post:dadfe3e8-1ac1-489a-8cc6-3ce3de84052f">Re: Boston Marathon explosions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston Marathon explosions : Some news sources aren't nearly as savvy. This was from CNN's front page just a second ago  ' Boston Marathon organizers say two bombs went off near the finish line of Monday's race.' I understand everyone being hyped and terrified at terrorist/crazy man attacks with bombs, but we kind of do it to ourselves.
    Posted by kmbryant2413[/QUOTE]

Well I guess when an explosion happens, in this day and age, you immediately think it is a bomb, which is a horrible way to have to think and live.

Personally, I believe that it was a bomb just because of the placements and timing, but then again it could have been a gas explosion that just happened to occur at a really horrible time.

Either way, the victims and families are the one's who are suffering and it is just horrible to have something happen during such a fun and exciting time/event.

• Options
    They just announced that there were at least 2 bombs that didn't go off, making a total of 4 bombs as of now.  OMG :(
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh yes, everyone is safe. I think.  The marathon participants were all at the .08 to 1.2 mile mark, so not in radius of the blast itself. 

One friend's parents (my bridesmaid's inlaws) were at the family area near the finish line and could see the explosion but were not physically harmed by it, though they were INCREDIBLY shaken (understatement).

Much of state had the day off so it made it so that more people were in the city at the time on a Monday. Though a lot of friends and family were in Boston and a few had stopped by the race area a few hours prior, thankfully no one I know was injured that I'm aware of.

The scariest part was watching FB for a few hours waiting for updates because they had turned off cell service in the area so people weren't able to contact their family until they were able to leave the viscinity.

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    It's very eery being at my office today.

The street is still all closed down and there are cops and National Guardsmen all over the place.  It is far too quiet for what is normally a bustling part of town.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_boston-marathon-explosions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4f13f0c4-0c15-47ad-b915-a327cb59aab5Post:3d18aa37-af03-4272-b662-7f1d50d1905a">Re: Boston Marathon explosions</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's very eery being at my office today. The street is still all closed down and there are cops and National Guardsmen all over the place.  It is far too quiet for what is normally a bustling part of town.
    Posted by kjhowd[/QUOTE]

Did everyone come in? I was talking to my assistant earlier. She said they all felt like it was 9/11 in the city when it happened too. She is normally out partying a lot at night but she's avoiding it for a while.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    I will say that I just looked at someone's page that I know that was running for Boston Children's Hospital, (he was a little under a mile when it exploded). He just posted the photos of his family all on Boylston waiting for him to cross (before explosion). They all made me tear up...but  he said hat he's ready for his 4th marathon next year and that he's not running scared.

That's sure a lot of strength.
    image   imageimage

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_boston-marathon-explosions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:4f13f0c4-0c15-47ad-b915-a327cb59aab5Post:8f459ffd-e178-4cf6-b6c9-39819bdda5be">Re: Boston Marathon explosions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston Marathon explosions : Did everyone come in? I was talking to my assistant earlier. She said they all felt like it was 9/11 in the city when it happened too. She is normally out partying a lot at night but she's avoiding it for a while.
    Posted by MuppetFan[/QUOTE]

Far as I can tell most everyone came to work in our part of the building and my company.  Some of the photos you see on the news now of the folks in hazmat suits is right outside my office.

It's just odd, with the cops and National guardsmen and still what seems like folks still here after the marathon; the neighborhood has definitly perked up since this AM.  Lots of foot traffic around now.

I think there was a general overall feeling of somberness among those that did come in in a "what to do, what to say" kind of way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards