Chit Chat

Planning to move in together

I am one who when big things are happening in life i love to plan and get ready way in advance in life. haha. My fiance and i are getting married in august and he's about to move out of my parents house and into the apartment that we will be living in. I've lived on my own and he has lived on his own but do any of you have any tips or suggestions of things i should do besides packing up my crap and moving in? anything i can do in advance before moving in with my fiance

Re: Planning to move in together

• Take an inventory of both of your belongings and sell off any duplicates? Like if you each have a set of kitchen appliances (2 toasters, blenders, coffepots, etc), a second set of dinner ware, a second vaccum, etc. Also, this will be helpful to find out what sort of storage options you need.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Just realize that you've come from different households, and there will be a ton of little tiny details he does differently that will drive you crazy, but you'll also do tiny things that drive him crazy. Talk though them and figure out if you'll 

1. Pick one way and stick with it.
    2. Change it back and forth for each person who uses it.

Then stick with it.
  • Discuss ahead of time, what chores will be who's responsibilties. Don't make it set in stone, but make it a guideline. For example, in our household, I cook, my fiance cleans up. I have vacuuming and she has the bathroom. Do we help one another? Of course, but it's easier having it divvied. 
  • Am I reading that right that he's about to move out of *your* parents' house? Do you live there also or are you living in your own place? From the rest of your post it sounds like you haven't lived together before? In any case, PPs advice is good, to make an inventory of all of your and his stuff, and discuss how running the household will go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards