Chit Chat
Options

cake

How far in advance should I order my wedding cake?

Re: cake

• Options
    kmbryant2413kmbryant2413 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I personally ordered mine two months out, but mine was extremely simple. Where in West Texas are you? (If you don't mind sharing)

And welcome to TK!

ETA: We also have the same numbers in our usernames. Creepy!!
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • Options
    I did mine about 2 months out as well. I am doing cupcakes and a small simple cake. If you are having multiple flavors, a lot of tiers, or intricate work I'd look to order maybe 3 months out.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Cake seems like one of the things that varies the most depending on your area. Some people on TK said I should have it ordered by 6 months out. I'm probably going to do it in a couple weeks (4 months out) but I've talked to the bakery and they are not close to booked up.
  • Options
    It really depends on your area and the baker you are using.

I honestly can't recall how far in advance I booked my baker.  I think maybe 5 months out?  Either way, if I tried to book them today I would probably have to book them even earlier because they have gotten very popular over the past 2 years.

• Options
    I don't think it can hurt getting the bakery reserved in advance (6-8 months) just in case - the best (value- or quality-wise) bakeries can book up quickly. My friend got married last year and she had trouble finding a baker three months in advance that was free and within her budget. Then you can wait until 2 months out or so to decide on an exact cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards