Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Intro - June 2012 Bride

Hey girls!

My name is Lisa and I will be getting married to Mike on June 8, 2012.  We are trying to go untraditional with a lot of things (outdoor non-religious ceremony, no veil, small reception, groom knows what the dress looks like and helped me pick it, etc) so I will be looking for fun ideas that will really help to personalize our ceremony and reception.

We have the reception venue (Mayernik Center), officiant (Rev Mark), photographer (Mike's Aunt), wedding dress and almost caterer selected, so we are well on our way to having many of the "big items" crossed off of the list.  We are hoping to be able to get a lot of DIY advice and ideas also, as he will be studying a lot in the upcoming months and I am trying to find things to occupy my time.

Thanks in advance for all of the potential help that you all will have!!  Best of luck in your planning!!  Smile
Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Intro - June 2012 Bride

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Welcome to the board and congrats on your engagement! I am also a June bride to be. I also have a lot of DIY projects done and am always looking for more ideas to make our day unique.

Some of the things I have done for DIY are personalized name hangers for bridesmaids, letter personalized wine glasses for bridesmaids, banners for the reception, and some projects with an overall "A Way With Words"/personalized/monogram theme. I get a lot of ideas from Style Me Pretty and also Etsy... I see things and then figure I can make them myself! Let me know if you want to see any pics.

We're here if you need anything along the way!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  It sounds like you are off to a good start!  I'm sure if you need any suggestions or feedback, you'll find plenty on here.  Happy planning!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! Sounds like you're moving right along with planning - and we're also using Rev. Mark.

If you get the chance, post pics of your dress!  And quite a few of us are taking on DIY, so hopefully we will be able to help there too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    * lindsayloo1212 **  Thanks for the suggestions!  I will def check out those websites!!

Here is a pic of my dress - it just came in and I will be going to pick it up sometime this week.  I am so excited!!

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!   Looks like you're on the ball with planning!  We can't wait to hear how the rest of your ideas pan out :)
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats! Such an exciting time! Happy Planning!!
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    JoyjoshMJoyjoshM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congratulations and Happy Planning!!! Your dress is goregous! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards