Attire & Accessories Forum

Wedding Dress Websites with Risk-Free Return Policy??? HELP - Wedding 4 weeks away!

My wedding is in 4 weeks.  I found a dress but I'm not in love with it and haven't found any others in my local stores, so am now looking online.  I just got engaged 3 weeks ago so I haven't had much time to look.  I see a lot of great dresses I like online but their returns are all contingent on store error or item damage.  Has anyone found any stores online which offer a 100% any reason return policy in case I don't like the way the dress looks on me once I receive it? 

Thanks so much!!!!

Re: Wedding Dress Websites with Risk-Free Return Policy??? HELP - Wedding 4 weeks away!

• A vast bulk of wedding dress sites online are actually Chinese knock-off sites. They have purposefully difficult return policies, since often they are subpar-quality and they make it so you will never see that money again.

Try looking at white dresses from big US retailers maybe? Nordstroms, J Crew, etc. Only 4 weeks out, I'd be scared about ordering now, personally...
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • CrazyCatLady3CrazyCatLady3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited March 2013
    I can't vouch for it personally, but this site is from a real US business, and they have an  immediate shipping section:

Edit: I noticed they don't allow returns.
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Go to a David's Bridal and buy something off the rack in your size (or comparable) that you can take home with you that day.
  • with four weeks to go, your best bet will be to buy off the rack

Anniversary
  • Also check ebay for used dresses that are about your size. I didn't have long to find a dress, so I went on ebay and found something that was quite similar to my dream dress. The measurements were only a little bit off, so a local tailor had no problem adjusting it within a week.

Beware, though. Only search used dresses, because the Chinese knock-off sellers also exist on Ebay.

Alternatively, search "sample sale" dresses on Etsy. :)
  • Nordstrom.com, Macys.com, JCPenney.com, JCrew.com. AnnTaylor.com, Bridepower.com (this is the Vows sample dress shop in Boston).
  • If a site tells you they have a return policy---DO NOT TAKE THE CHANCE!!  With 4 weeks away to your wedding, they'll tell you anything.  Best bet is to buy a sample dress from a reputable bridal salon.  Good luck to you!
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2013
    Simplybridal.com is where I got mine.  They have a 30 day risk-free return policy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards