Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

HELP Grooms/men attire! Plum and khaki

My girls are in plum dresses. It is a casual wedding so we wanted the guys to wear khaki pants and a tie (possibly putting the groom in a vest to make him stand out). 
Does Khaki match plum? Do you think that would look ok?
Also --- what color tie would you do!?

Re: HELP Grooms/men attire! Plum and khaki

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_help-groomsmen-attire-plum-and-khaki?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:85b05977-fbd1-4a74-84ea-aaa2b6f6dc58Post:8949bbf1-6450-45f2-9ebd-0a3420366d8c">HELP Grooms/men attire! Plum and khaki</a>:
    [QUOTE]My girls are in plum dresses. It is a casual wedding so we wanted the guys to wear khaki pants and a tie (possibly putting the groom in a vest to make him stand out).  Does Khaki match plum? Do you think that would look ok? Also --- what color tie would you do!?
    Posted by laurenrachel89[/QUOTE]

Google "Purple and khaki wedding" and you will get tons of images and ideas.

I prefer men in suits for weddings, so this wouldn't be my style.
  • Options
    We're doing something similar. Casual wedding, plus my fianc looks amazing in dress pants and a vest and hates wearing ties! My girls are wearing a red wine colored chiffon dress. The guys will be in khaki pants and vest, no ties, but I was considering red wine colored handkerchiefs to put in the vest pockets to tie them together. We have similar colors so you could definitely pull that off IMO.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd go with a tie that matches the girls' dresses if the guys' shirts are white.  If the shirts are plum then maybe skip the tie entirely?  I think plum and khaki will be fabulous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards