Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bridal Appointments: Time Allotted/# of Dresses

How much time is typically allotted during a bridal appointment? I know that it will vary, but about how many dresses are you able to try on in that amount of time? I'm open to a few different shapes & styles & would like to try a combination of a few of them. Thanks!

Re: Bridal Appointments: Time Allotted/# of Dresses

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_bridal-appointments-time-allotted-of-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:c79dab8f-8312-453c-86df-0ff9f4467739Post:74780988-08f8-4b2c-833a-67a03c2e6de5">Bridal Appointments: Time Allotted/# of Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]How much time is typically allotted during a bridal appointment? I know that it will vary, but about how many dresses are you able to try on in that amount of time? I'm open to a few different shapes & styles & would like to try a combination of a few of them. Thanks!
    Posted by aefowler[/QUOTE]

An hour to an hour and a half. I don't remember how many dresses I could try on, but I definitely ran out of dresses before I ran out of time.
  • Options
    Generally about an hour is standard. Make sure to make an appointment with whatever bridal salon you will be going ot so you will be expected and they can assign you a consultant. If its a slow day they might even give you more time. When I was a bridal consultant I took as much time with a bride as needed if it was a slow day and she had an appointment. 

Generally in an hour, if I really really hurried I could get a bride in about 12-14 dresses. If they were corset back--forget about it. 8 dresses tops with the corset back. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013
    60 to 90 minutes. And you may be able to get in 6 to 15 dresses. It depends on how fast your consultant is and how long you want to stand there looking at yourself in the mirror in each dress.
  • Options
    I think it also helps move things in the right direction if you allow the consultant to narrow down choices for you based on your shape.  She sees brides every day, so she probably knows what will look good on, better than you will.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your advice! I "favorited" about 40 dresses (!!!) and will obviously need to narrow them before making an appointment!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure my appointment was 2 hours, but maybe it was only 90 minutes. I tried on 6 or 7 dresses and took up my whole time, but I went out to show my entourage every one and we discussed them at some length. I also got to go back to pick my own dresses to try on, so that probably took a lot of time.
  • Options
    An hour to 2 hours is plenty of time to try on several gowns, you have to remember that sales staff work on commission and it is not fair to take up all their time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards