Snarky Brides
Options

Just a vent..

So my MOH who is my FI's sister, and my best friend, is kind of driving me insane! For the most part I have kept all wedding details to myself, just because I know what I want and what we can afford. I recently showed her the bridesmaids dresses I was looking at, but made the comment that I'm not 100% sure, I might just let them pick their own dresses in the color I want. Didnt think anything else about it. Then the other day she blurts out of nowhere that it would look better if they all were in the same dress but different colors, pink, black, and silver, and that they should wear shoes of a different color.. and i had already told her that they could wear any heel in black as long as they arent over 3 inches.
Then she tells me that she has all these plans for the reception decoration and flowers and everything. All i polietly said was "well I think I've got most of it figured out, but if I need some more ideas I'll let you know."
I'm seriously just trying to push it off and let it go, but its an everyday thing. Thanks for letting me vent!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just a vent..

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_just-a-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:306e92ea-b724-4464-a041-e8a505dcdceaPost:741448e1-0962-427e-a72b-fbd240004525">Just a vent..</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my MOH who is my FI's sister, and my best friend, is kind of driving me insane! For the most part I have kept all wedding details to myself, just because I know what I want and what we can afford. I recently showed her the bridesmaids dresses I was looking at, but made the comment that I'm not 100% sure, I might just let them pick their own dresses in the color I want. Didnt think anything else about it. Then the other day she blurts out of nowhere that it would look better if they all were in the same dress but different colors, pink, black, and silver, and that they should wear shoes of a different color.. and i had already told her that they could wear any heel in black as long as they arent over 3 inches. Then she tells me that she has all these plans for the reception decoration and flowers and everything. All i polietly said was "well I think I've got most of it figured out, but if I need some more ideas I'll let you know." I'm seriously just trying to push it off and let it go, but its an everyday thing. Thanks for letting me vent!
    Posted by kasiereno[/QUOTE]

Venting is good for the soul!
  • Options
    You handled it well.  
  • Options
    You're doing a good job of avoiding her unwanted advice. Keep bean dipping her!
  • Options
    I would also say it's too early to be discussing these details.

Also, why no heels over 3 inches? All my heels are high because I'm short and feel stumpy in mid-level heels. It's details like that that don't matter and make you little a little crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards