Snarky Brides

Thursday

This morning I have the "Friday" song stuck in my head, but Friday is being replaced with Thursday. It's a bit strange.

I'm really craving some indian food. I'm going to make it my mission to hopefully eat some by the end of this weekend. 

I saw this on FB this morning and wanted to share since this is the Snarky Brides board:

How's everyone day/morning? Making anything good for dinner? Have any fun weekend plans to look forward to? 

Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Thursday

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thursday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5d5f1e6c-2f5c-4477-a260-7567747487f6Post:1abd098c-3c1c-494e-85a1-5d02667caa33">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been catching up on threads and editing some testimonial text/photo masterpieces for my client.  WOAH at the dramas on CC.  I'm just going to keep my head down til tomorrow. I can't WAIT until this website is done.  It's beautiful and I'm proud and I love my client, but I've sunk so much work into it, and since I had a crazy crash, I'm over quote, so I'm working unpaid a little.
    Posted by tarradesign[/QUOTE]

<div>Tarra, I give you, and anyone who works on websites a lot of credit. I don't have the patience for it. I wish I did because it would increase my job opportunities greatly. Right now I'm stuck in the world of print, which is slowly dying. Good luck on finishing it up with your project. I hope it goes smoothly from here on out.</div><div>
    </div><div>Angel had it right yesterday that CC was like a history lesson yesterday - along with a drama fest. It was interesting to read though. I do kinda wish SB board was a bit more active like it used to be. Don't get me wrong, all the ladies on here are wonderful but there used to be even more and I don't know where everyone went or their reasons for leaving. So if you're more of a lurker, or a reg of the board, speak up and lets get the activity level back up around here! </div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • oh my goodness I swear I need to Knot as a FT job to keep up with the craziness sometimes!!

I have never actually had Indian food...and now there is definitely no Indian restaurant to try since I've moved to cow country. Super excited for my florist appointment this afternoon! Hopefully they are somewhat resonable on pricing. It's also finally been warmer here--50' and 60's--so I've been taking the pup on walks everyday after work which I love. Not sure what's for dinner. I really want to grill out but we are out of propane and FI needs to get some.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Buzz, let me know how the Indian food goes. I haven't tried it since going GF, because I worry about having to explain it. Thats the same reason I always go to the same Sushi restaurant, well that AND its awesome!

I don't know what happened to a lot of our regs. I know Britt said she would be MIA for tax season and then Swag gave up TK for lent, but she hasn't been back yet that I've seen. I had no idea about the Edie drama until yesterday. But I agree Buzz, I miss the busier days.

This may be my new siggy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It's finally warming up here too. It's so nice and amazing how much better I feel waking up in the morning knowing that spring is here. Rel, I also can't wait to grill! 

Tarra whenever you're done you can always PM me a link! I always like seeing fellow designers work. I'm not sure you'd be violating TOS but just to be safe since they're cracking the whip, it's probably best to not post it directly on the boards just incase. 

Angel, I think most Indian food in theory should be gluten free - with the obvious exception of Naan Bread and other things obviously made with wheat. Most dishes are served with rice, have sauces made from scratch, and are often made with less processed ingredients. But, I will absolutely ask before ordering anything and not assume anything. I've heard that Thai food is similar in this aspect. This weekend was my first adventure dining out eating GF. I thought I was going to be safe ordering something with "creamy polenta" but they came back and told me it wasn't okay. No problem, I subbed it for mashed potatoes and I was golden.  

Rel, if you find yourself in a bigger city area and want to try something new, give Indian food a try. Though if you're not a big fan of spicy food I'd be cautious, some dishes will knock your socks off! 

• tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I miss the busier days too. Not too much going on here. I like Indian food but my favorites are sushi and Mexican. I like the jalepeno spice better than other spicy food. I'm trying to decide what touristy stuff I want to do here this weekend. And Tarra the website sounds awesome.
  • Hey everybody!
    Its been a pretty productive day so far. Went on a job interview. But I dont think its going to work out. Its alot to explain. Pretty much, they want me to pay $175 to get my insurance license before actually starting work. I dont have $175 I can just throw around right now, so I dont think its going to work. I also went and applied at the Harley Davison Store. They are hiring right now because once the weather warms up, they are super busy.
    Tonight I am going to my friends aunts house to talk wedding, while watching American Idol. Until then, I am going to clean up the house a little. I may even start washing the walls. I think its about time I do them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi everyone, I guess I should stop doing the stray cat thing and just admit to posting daily :P

Tarra you aren't kidding about the drama on CC.  Whew I was exhausted on Tues and Wed!  I've been laying a little lower, but can't help myself sometimes.

Rel, you HAVE to try Indian food!  My H and I are in lubs with it.  My sister gave us a book called 660 Curries, by Raghavan Iyer for my bridal shower.  It's a holy book, as far as I'm concerned.  Everything we've cooked from it comes out pure foodcrack.  Even lentils.  I didn't even like lentils before this book.

The main detraction is that it is VERY authentic, and some of the recipes are time consuming.  I hand-grind masalas (spice blends) and keep them on hand so I don't have to repeat them for every recipe.  But you can cheat and take short-cuts to avoid that kind of neurotic cooking.  He includes notes on how to do that in the book. 
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thursday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5d5f1e6c-2f5c-4477-a260-7567747487f6Post:da8aa468-9e65-4123-bde9-2b34084930cd">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone, I guess I should stop doing the stray cat thing and just admit to posting daily :P Tarra you aren't kidding about the drama on CC.  Whew I was exhausted on Tues and Wed!  I've been laying a little lower, but can't help myself sometimes. Rel, you HAVE to try Indian food!  My H and I are in lubs with it.  My sister gave us a book called 660 Curries, by Raghavan Iyer for my bridal shower.  It's a holy book, as far as I'm concerned.  Everything we've cooked from it comes out pure foodcrack.  Even lentils.  I didn't even like lentils before this book. The main detraction is that it is VERY authentic, and some of the recipes are time consuming.  I hand-grind masalas (spice blends) and keep them on hand so I don't have to repeat them for every recipe.  But you can cheat and take short-cuts to avoid that kind of neurotic cooking.  He includes notes on how to do that in the book. 
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm going to look into this book, thanks!</div>

• I think I'm just going to hide over here until isht cools down.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to Re:Thursday:[QUOTE]I think I'm just going to hide over here until isht cools down. Posted by Angelface225[/QUOTE]
    Yep, me too
  • I actually have to start some work right now so I'll be MIA for mostly the remainder of the day. I highly doubt things will cool down until sometime next week. I'm sure when they release the new TOS it will create some backlash. 

• Tarra - I had to share this with a design nerd

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thursday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5d5f1e6c-2f5c-4477-a260-7567747487f6Post:ceb00155-45c5-4697-83ed-a354cffa882e">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually have to start some work right now so I'll be MIA for mostly the remainder of the day. I highly doubt things will cool down until sometime next week. I'm sure when they release the new TOS it will create some backlash. 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  Knotties will dig into it like the 7 dwarves on an expresso day.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I always miss the drama!

lol Oh well. I really don't mind, I get a headache from reading some of it anyway.
    Hope everyone had a great thursday!

It started out a bit chilly here, so when I first left the house this morning I had to wear my big winter coat. But by mid afternoon I was able to break out my spring purple leather jacket and go for a walk to meet fi for lunch. :D
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Thanks Pele!! I will check it out! I really like spicy foods---at least Hispanic spicy--so I don't think that will be a problem!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards