Snarky Brides
Options

Pet peeve?

KDM323KDM323 member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited July 2013 in Snarky Brides
Does anyone else get tired of hearing people say things like "I've been married before but I've never had a wedding"?

Um....if you've been married before...you DID have a wedding.  Perhaps it wasn't a big white dress wedding...but you've had a wedding.

One of my friends does this and it makes me nuts.  She keeps saying she's "never had a wedding" and every single time she says something like that and starts talking about "when she gets married" I find myself grinding my teeth and biting my tongue.

I've never been married.  Neither has my fiancee.  We're planning OUR ONLY wedding...and yet she keeps interupting conversations about OUR wedding to mention how "she's never had a wedding".  

Ugh.  Sorry...just had to vent.
*** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pet peeve?

• Options
    that's annnnoying!!!!  i would end up rolling my eyes so hard i would see my brain.  the only advice i would suggest is maybe don't talk wedding around her anymore? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • Options
    KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2013
    Yeah...I figure that's the approach to take.

*** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Major side eye! Damn that would be irritating. We all make choices about what our wedding day will be like. Your wedding day is whatever you make it!
  • Options
    That Drives me crazy just a much as "you did that once and look how it turned out, just go to city hall you don't need a wedding this time" because this is a second for both FI and I. Yes we both already had a wedding but this is our first and only wedding to EACH OTHER so its no less special, It also bugs me when ppl are planning their weddings and its a vowel renewal. I have a friend who's Been married for 7 yrs, has 5 kids and is having a wedding. It's a vowel renewal!!!! the invites even say "the wedding of mr and mrs...." It looks so cheesy bc the wording makes no sense.
  • Options
    It's vow renewal, not vowel renewal.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pet-peeve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f2a5f6f9-9ae3-47de-8eb4-77c32e51c8c4Post:a2bd7c7b-4cc4-4771-9f3f-ab1e031ec033">Pet peeve?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone else get tired of hearing people say things like "I've been married before but I've never had a wedding"? Um....if you've been married before...you DID have a wedding.  Perhaps it wasn't a big white dress wedding...but you've had a wedding. <strong>My future SIL has been married 3 times.  She's "never had a wedding" and every single time she says something like that and starts talking about "when she gets married"</strong> I find myself grinding my teeth and biting my tongue. I've never been married.  Neither has my fiancee.  We're planning OUR ONLY wedding...and yet <strong>she keeps interupting conversations about OUR wedding to mention how "she's never had a wedding". </strong>  Ugh.  Sorry...just had to vent.
    Posted by drexelkathy[/QUOTE]

<div>Yuck!</div>

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pet-peeve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f2a5f6f9-9ae3-47de-8eb4-77c32e51c8c4Post:3db5179e-ace2-4a82-91a0-6d59773208b9">Re: Pet peeve?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That Drives me crazy just a much as "you did that once and look how it turned out, just go to city hall you don't need a wedding this time" because this is a second for both FI and I. Yes we both already had a wedding but this is our first and only wedding to EACH OTHER so its no less special, It also bugs me when ppl are planning their weddings and its a vowel renewal. <strong>I have a friend who's Been married for 7 yrs, has 5 kids and is having a wedding. It's a vowel renewal!!!! the invites even say "the wedding of mr and mrs...." It looks so cheesy bc the wording makes no sense.</strong>
    Posted by JillianNJohn[/QUOTE]

<div>Double yuck!</div>

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am going through the same thing with my future Sister In Law. She also "never had a wedding" the first time around and her wedding to my brother in law is going to be one month after mine. My fiance and I just choose to not discuss anything wedding related around them both. Let her ask you questions and politely respond, but don't go into grave detail
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards