October 2013 Weddings
Options

Bought our wedding bands!

We're probably a little ahead of the game, but we bought our wedding bands today :)  We decided to go simple- just a plain band for him, and mine has a few channel set diamonds to match the sides of my engagement ring.  Seeing him try on rings made it that much more real- I really like how a ring looks on his hand!!  Just wanted to share my excitement!

Re: Bought our wedding bands!

• Options
    Awesome :) We made ours before we got engaged. So you're not too early :)
  • Options
    We've been paying on mine for over a year now and just ordered FI's a few weeks ago. Never too early to get something out of the way.

• Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!

haha... you are not too far ahead of the game! we bought ours last oct so that the payments are done by the time we get married... also there was a sale.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not too far.  We already have ours, actually his parents have it in their safe at their house.  Our safe is more like a lock box, so I would rather keep it extra safe.

Allison I love Bue Nile.  I'm planning to buy a bracelet from there for my MOH as an added thank you for everything she's done.
  • Options
    Nice!

We purchased mine a few weeks ago but have yet to choose his. It feels good to check something off the to-do list, doesn't it?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I just started looking at wedding bands and I am shocked at the price of them!

• Options
    yay!  very exciting :-)

we've looked around casually the past two months and i'm pretty sure i know what i want but FI still is not sure.  one of the local shops will be having a special show soon and i think well probably go there for that and hopefully pick out ours soon :-)

@alisonmarie658:  "ugly cried like a an awkward 6th grader"  lol too cute :-D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI's band came from Kohl's actually.  He wanted white gold, not a fan of the other metals, and was really picky about the styling of it.  We found a new addition on their website around the time we were looking for $2,100.  FI loved it but was like "No way, that's too much"  So I waited and watched and they ended up having a sale on fine jewelry, plus I had a 30% off code and I used ebates to get another 6% back, so when all was said and done we got it for $450. 

I always wanted a super plain band (call me a traditionalist), so I just got a simple, 2mm white gold, half-round band for around $120.
  • Options
    i've always wanted a plain band too and i thought that's what i was goign to go for but when i put it with my engagement ring, i dunno, it just looked TOO plain for me.  but then i tried some with diamonds all around and it was just way too much for me (i'm not exactly a fancy girl)

i will have some diamonds on mine, but only the top part, not all around, and channel set so you see more of the metal.  it's funny when i was lookign at them and i kept asking the sales woman for somethign with smaller diamonds or thinner band and they all always look so confused lol "you want.....less and smalller?"  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_bought-our-wedding-bands?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:1e10a19b-06ab-46d5-80c5-0559aadeca47Post:e31643d7-9227-436c-ab58-d2b940f1774a">Re: Bought our wedding bands!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i've always wanted a plain band too and i thought that's what i was goign to go for but when i put it with my engagement ring, i dunno, it just looked TOO plain for me.  but then i tried some with diamonds all around and it was just way too much for me (i'm not exactly a fancy girl) i will have some diamonds on mine, but only the top part, not all around, and channel set so you see more of the metal.  it's funny when i was lookign at them and i kept asking the sales woman for somethign with smaller diamonds or thinner band and they all always look so confused lol "you want.....less and smalller?"  :-)
    Posted by LilyASF42[/QUOTE]

That's the same problem I had!  The plain band definitely looked like it didn't match, but when we put the channel-set ring next to my engagement ring, they looked like they belonged together.  And mine, with the diamonds, was almost have of FI's, because mine is 2mm and his is 4mm.  We went to the same jeweler where he bought my engagement ring.
  • Options
    I happened to snag both rings off Craigslist 2 weekends ago.  I know, but I wanted an ERing, and it was pretty!  And not expensive.  Just gotta be sized up a litle bit.  The wedding band fits.  :)

The wedding band is channel set diamonds in WG too, which I love.  :) 

I've been on him to start looking and thinking about what he wants.  All I got out of him at one point was "Sterling Silver or something.  No more gold."

After asking him some more, he meant no more YG (his previous band was YG).

I think when I take my new-to-me E Ring in to be sized, I'll haul him with me to at least start LOOKING at bands.

And I hadn't even CONSIDERED Kohl's for his ring!  MAN!  I should take him there!!
  • Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_bought-our-wedding-bands?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:1e10a19b-06ab-46d5-80c5-0559aadeca47Post:71f2d20a-0b8b-43a5-85f4-8f95ca5139f0">Re: Bought our wedding bands!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I happened to snag both rings off Craigslist 2 weekends ago.  I know, but I wanted an ERing, and it was pretty!  And not expensive.  Just gotta be sized up a litle bit.  The wedding band fits.  :) The wedding band is channel set diamonds in WG too, which I love.  :)  I've been on him to start looking and thinking about what he wants.  All I got out of him at one point was "Sterling Silver or something.  No more gold." After asking him some more, he meant no more YG (his previous band was YG). I think when I take my new-to-me E Ring in to be sized, I'll haul him with me to at least start LOOKING at bands. And I hadn't even CONSIDERED Kohl's for his ring!  MAN!  I should take him there!!
    Posted by shaylagirl[/QUOTE]

<div>I hear tungsten is popular for men's rings (very strong material).  Also, post pics of your e-ring when you get a chance!!  That is so exciting!</div>

• Options
    congrats on the purchase amaryann!

Shayla - I also would love to see your new ring - I know you must be excited!
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_bought-our-wedding-bands?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:1e10a19b-06ab-46d5-80c5-0559aadeca47Post:42fac2f3-ba63-43cc-9fe1-01ffdbcd2cc9">Re: Bought our wedding bands!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bought our wedding bands! : I hear tungsten is popular for men's rings (very strong material).  Also, post pics of your e-ring when you get a chance!!  That is so exciting!
    Posted by Rochelle041[/QUOTE]

<div>The only thing I'd be careful with with tungsten is, from what my brother told me when he bought his, if something happens and it needs to be cut off (hospital or something), they actually can't cut it.  For most people, no big deal, but if your FI is into sports or has a job that could sprain fingers, it's something to consider. </div>
  • Options
    FI wound up choosing an 18k rose gold band over tungsten/steel alternatives because of the concerns of not being able to get the band off in an emergency. I love the band he picked. And I love seeing it on his hand :] My wedding band is channel set with diamonds from one of FMIL's rings. Is anyone doing engraving on their rings?
  • Options

I bought mine last month at a sale.  They had to order it because of the platinum.  I can't wait for it to come in!  We are still on the hunt for my fiancés.  He wants tungsten as well.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_bought-our-wedding-bands?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:1e10a19b-06ab-46d5-80c5-0559aadeca47Post:1d7f832c-e506-4f48-bcbd-c1d40740c79c">Re: Bought our wedding bands!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bought our wedding bands! : The only thing I'd be careful with with tungsten is, from what my brother told me when he bought his, if something happens and it needs to be cut off (hospital or something), they actually can't cut it.  For most people, no big deal, but if your FI is into sports or has a job that could sprain fingers, it's something to consider. 
    Posted by amaryann210[/QUOTE]

This. You also can not have it re-sized if you gain/lose weight.

We bought our rings online. I had a really hard time finding mine. At first I only wanted a plain band.. but the band on my ERing has small diamonds set in the middle of double infinity signs on both sides of my main diamond. I thought plain wouldn't look right next to it. So I tried to look for a band to match my design and came up with nothing. (All the infinity style bands were wavy.. I wanted a solid band with the filgree detail.) I settled on a pave style with small diamonds.. and when I was browsing the online Ebay store from the vendor I was looking at, I saw the perfect match to my ring. It was listed at $350 and I bought it for $300. It was risky buying from an online Ebay vendor.. but they had 100% positive feedback and a 30 day return policy, so I took a chance. Took it to our jewler and they verified the details.

FI picked out a style ring he liked at the jewler and found the same ring on Amazon $400 cheaper. He thought about tungsten (I mean how can you resist- they're $25 on Amazon.) but after telling him about the concerns regarding that type of metal.. he settled on white gold like mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards