Options

Hi. I'm new.

Screen Name: Dewey12 (my Bump name)
Significant Other's Age: 31
What You Do: Teen Librarian
What SO Does: Graphic Artist
State of Relationship: Engaged
How Long You've Been Together: 4 1/2 years
How You Met: We used to work together back in '05-'07.  We started dating in '08.
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): October 18, 2013
Real Babies: We have one son who is 13 months. 
Fur Babies: A shih tzu named Stitches and kitteh named Chloe.
Loves: Nerds, DIY, my Stroller Strides class, sushi, YA Dystopian books, my little dude's laugh.
Hates: Baby weight, the lack of enough hours in the day, licorice
Pet Peeves: the word "basically"
Hobbies/Activities: I like drinking margaritas.  I also love to craft.  I sew and crochet.  I'm also quite good with a hot glue gun.
Favorite Thing About Your SO: He makes me laugh.
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: How hard is it to clean the kitchen, dude?!
Describe Your Personality: I'm geeky and very much love attention. 
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  4.  There's not a lot of snark here.
I've Been On TK Since: Ummmm.... Well, I was on TK back in '06-'07 because I was engaged.  I picked the wrong guy and gave him the wrong finger.  I just came back to TK maybe in December because I knew FI and I would be getting married soon. 
How You Came to Be On TK:  I had a lot of fun the first time so I thought I would come back for round 2.
How I like my potatoes: baked with bacon, sour cream, and lots and lots of cheese.
Favorite book/author: I love Suzanne Brockmann and her Navy SEALs.
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: When I was 20 I spent two weeks up in Alaska visiting my BFF from college.  It was the coolest trip ever!

image image

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  
<3 Lots o' love to my Labor Buddies mommynpink & alliebooberz <3

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I *really* love Pinterest!

Re: Hi. I'm new.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Welcome! Love your response about giving your exFI the wrong finger. Margaritas are my favorite drink also! :]
  • Options
    Your son is adorable. However, I'm noticing a significant lack of your furbabies. Pictures there, too!

And I second the margarita question. Mmmmmm margaritas...
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Hi. I'm new.:[QUOTE]Thanks for sharing pictures of your son. nbsp;Very cute.Do you prefer flavored or regular margaritas? Frozen or on the rocks? Posted by snippet17[/QUOTE]

I love all margaritas! My preference is regular, on the rocks, with lots of salt. These days, I mostly drink the Skinnygirl margaritas. It's not the same, but it works in a pinch.

Are you a margarita drinker, too?

image image

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to Re:Hi. I'm new.:[QUOTE]Your son is adorable. However, I'm noticing a significant lack of your furbabies. Pictures there, too!And I second the margarita question. Mmmmmm margaritas... Posted by lplions[/QUOTE]

The pictures are part of my siggy because I used to mainly post on The Bump. We are all about AWing our kids over there! However, I will totally post pics of our crazy animals once I get to work.

image image

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Your little guy is very cute.  Love the cake and tie pic.

Thank goodness it's Friday since we are talking about margaritas.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_hi-im-new-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:b9bc6c26-7db9-4a9f-9ee9-bdbaeb655bb1Post:65a89c38-1e99-4404-8927-785bc6ca134f">Re:Hi. I'm new.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Hi. I'm new.: The pictures are part of my siggy because I used to mainly post on The Bump. We are all about AWing our kids over there! However, I will totally post pics of our crazy animals once I get to work.
    Posted by Dewey12[/QUOTE]

<div>I am all for AWing babies (fur and otherwise!). :D</div><div>
    </div><div>Yessssss. I'm looking forward to "meeting" the crazy animals. :D</div>
  • Options
    Best wishes on your engagement and welcome to the boards! Your son is adorable!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    Mmm... margaritas! Welcome!
  • Options
    welcome
  • Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Welcome!  I love the name Stiches.  So cute!  And your real baby is cute too!

• Options
    The orginal babies:

Stitches is 7 and not thrilled with Dax... even a year later.

Chloe is 4 and thinks everything is hers.

Both are not overly fond of the child, but he thinks they're both big pillows.  Sorry fur babies.

image image

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_hi-im-new-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:b9bc6c26-7db9-4a9f-9ee9-bdbaeb655bb1Post:d89fd2d2-25d0-42c3-97c3-440904b2f3f7">Re:Hi. I'm new.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Hi. I'm new. : Main reason I like to go to Tex Mex restuarants is for the margaritas.  I usually get strawberry or rasberry and either on the rocks or frozen.  <strong>Never had the skinnygirl margaritas, but had the wine from them before.
    </strong>Posted by snippet17[/QUOTE]

They taste a little bit like I would imagine lighter fluid to taste.  I like to classily put my SG margarita in my sippie cup and drink at night while I walk my dog.  Low cal booze + walk = hardly any calories.  Right?

image image

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_hi-im-new-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:b9bc6c26-7db9-4a9f-9ee9-bdbaeb655bb1Post:dec4e773-8149-4ae4-a970-6129c3216cff">Re:Hi. I'm new.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Hi. I'm new. : They taste a little bit like I would imagine lighter fluid to taste.  I like to classily put my SG margarita in my sippie cup and drink at night while I walk my dog.  Low cal booze + walk = hardly any calories.  Right?
    Posted by Dewey12[/QUOTE]

I like you!

• Options
    I think margaritas are the state drink of Texas; so they're one of my favorites!  :)  YUM!!

I also cracked up over giving your ex the wrong finger.  That's funny!

Congrats on your engagement and HOORAY for your upcoming wedding!!
  • Options
    Welcome!
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_hi-im-new-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:b9bc6c26-7db9-4a9f-9ee9-bdbaeb655bb1Post:fcdb7f7a-b814-4dd6-bc9d-2d2f3ae75431">Re:Hi. I'm new.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Hi. I'm new. : I like you!
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

:)

image image

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards