October 2013 Weddings
Options

Less than 6 months and I am not going to freak out...

So things were going swimmingly, we got the chapel, the hotel, the flowers, the photographer (my favorite part by far) and the dress (close second) so I thought things were going well but now we are 6 months out and I AM BUGGING OUT over the details:
I need suggestions for the following:
DJ and Band
Limo
Flower Girl Dresses
Invitations
Favors (we want to make a donation to a Sandy charity but we also want to put something on the table)
Bridal party gifts
Do we get our parents a gift?
Can anyone get me Valium lol 
Is there anything I am forgetting

HELP!  
Thanks!

Re: Less than 6 months and I am not going to freak out...

• Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_less-than-6-months-and-i-am-not-going-to-freak-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:f003f9dc-3faa-4a52-9030-39799607e7e6Post:5e97b2e3-44d9-483b-ad62-82ddc25233b8">Less than 6 months and I am not going to freak out...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So things were going swimmingly, we got the chapel, the hotel, the flowers, the photographer (my favorite part by far) and the dress (close second) so I thought things were going well but now we are 6 months out and I AM BUGGING OUT over the details: I need suggestions for the following: DJ and Band Limo Flower Girl Dresses Invitations Favors (we want to make a donation to a Sandy charity but we also want to put something on the table) Bridal party gifts Do we get our parents a gift? Can anyone get me Valium lol  Is there anything I am forgetting HELP!   Thanks!
    Posted by carousel27[/QUOTE]

<div>Hello!  I don't think we have met.  We like new people to the board to fill out a Getting to Know You post as an intro so that we know a bit about you.  You can find it at the top of the page.  (ETA - it's called "Attention Newbs")</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, if you have questions about area specific vendors, you should look on your local board, which you can find by looking on the blue tab over here </div><div><-------------</div><div>
    </div><div>With the rest, maybe you can give us some more specific information about what your questions are.  "I need help on ivitations or favors" doesn't give me much to go on.  Budget?  Theme?  Style?  (This is why the Getting to Know You Post is helpful).</div>

• Options
    A vallium won't help solve your problems.  Let's get to know more about your wedding and it will be easier to help.  
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Options
    My Brain must be broken because I cant find the getting to know you questions:
    My name is Vickie, I got engaged on 9/15/12 we are getting married in New Brunwsick NJ on 10/5/13.  We have a very large wedding party.  My budget is flexable but cheaper the better.  
  • Options
    I just posted in the NJ board too.  :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_less-than-6-months-and-i-am-not-going-to-freak-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:f003f9dc-3faa-4a52-9030-39799607e7e6Post:0b57af3e-7ae8-47d5-b8c3-9a9ddeabe957">Re: Less than 6 months and I am not going to freak out...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Brain must be broken because I cant find the getting to know you questions: My name is Vickie, I got engaged on 9/15/12 we are getting married in New Brunwsick NJ on 10/5/13.  We have a very large wedding party.  My budget is flexable but cheaper the better.  

<div>Since you couldn't find it, I'll help you out. :) (<a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_attention-newbs">click here</a>!)</div><div>
    </div><div>What's your wedding style? Are you having a church ceremony? Outdoor? Are you DIYing anything?</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Just re-read and saw you have the chapel. What about your reception? Where will that be?</div><div>ETA2: Honeymoon? Do you have the hotel blocked for your guests? Did you send STDs, if you're sending them?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Less than 6 months and I am not going to freak out...:[QUOTE]My Brain must be broken because I cant find the getting to know you questions:My name is Vickie, I got engaged on 9/15/12 we are getting married in New Brunwsick NJ on 10/5/13. nbsp;We have a very large wedding party. nbsp;My budget is flexable but cheaper the better. nbsp; Posted by carousel27[/QUOTE]

It's on a sticky towards the top of the page.

• Options
    OP, of the things you have left, you may want to focus on DJ/band first, just so you can get whomever you want.  Only you know the style of music you want if you want music.  
  • Options
    THanks.  I'm going to focus the rest of this week and next on finding a DJ.
    @lpions... We are having the reception at a hotel close to the chapel.  We have a block of rooms but we are absolutely going to need more so i have been telling everyone to book so they can give us more (the hotel is giving us 10 at a time)  We sent the STDs out, we were thining Greece for the Honeymoon. We were going to DIY the center pieces but the florist sold us on some beautiful ones that she can do.  I would like to DIY the favors (we are going to give a donation to a Sandy charity but we still want to give some candy to the guests)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_less-than-6-months-and-i-am-not-going-to-freak-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:f003f9dc-3faa-4a52-9030-39799607e7e6Post:5e97b2e3-44d9-483b-ad62-82ddc25233b8">Less than 6 months and I am not going to freak out...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So things were going swimmingly, we got the chapel, the hotel, the flowers, the photographer (my favorite part by far) and the dress (close second) so I thought things were going well but now we are 6 months out and I AM BUGGING OUT over the details: I need suggestions for the following: DJ and Band Limo Flower Girl Dresses Invitations Favors (we want to make a donation to a Sandy charity but we also want to put something on the table) Bridal party gifts Do we get our parents a gift? Can anyone get me Valium lol  Is there anything I am forgetting HELP!   Thanks!

I'm also from New Jersey!

For flower girl dresses, we went to PinkPrincess.com. I can't say enough good things - affordable, free shipping (both ways if it does not fit) and good quality. I have 4 flower girls and one baby niece, and they are all thrilled with their dresses (well, the baby doesn't have an opinion, but you know what I mean.)

The Sandy donation is nice, but honestly, I don't 100% know where Sandy donation money is going. Our house on Long Beach Island was hit and it's still in the rebuilding process. The island is being built up slowly but surely, but it's going to take a long time.

Do you really need limos? Our church is close to our reception, and all wedding party members have families/spouses attending. I trust everyone to get to both locations with needing a limo and I know that they won't mind. In fact, it will probably make their day easier than having to come to a "limo pickup location." It will also save money.

Invitations: check out Minted.com, TheAmericanWedding.com and WeddingPaperDivas.com
    Most (all?) of those will give free samples so you can order them to see how they look in person before placing your real order.

I am getting my bridal party ss Tiffany necklaces. These are something they all wear normally and I think they are pretty. I bought my mom a Tiffany infinity necklace (for infinite love) and a money clip for my father with his initials engraved.

Hope that helps!! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    From your list, I agree with others, make sure you get he DJ squared away.  Of our planning, the DJ was the most difficult process.  It took forever to find someone we liked, that wasn't booked, that was affordable and didn't sweat a lot (wish I was joking).  

When you saythe  chapel is booked, does this mean you also have an officiant? 

From the rest, it should be ok for you to piece together one step at a time.  Don't forget to slow down and enjoy the process.  Work on pricing our your invitations (DIY or purchase them ready to go, you can go from one extreme to the other) and wording.  Depending on what you want to get for your BM's, that can be done any time.  As far as gifts for parents, I have this question too - you are not alone.  I don't know if we need to present them with something or if putting togethe a nice wedding album for them by the end of the year is acceptable?

Favors are a personal detail, just figure out what you want to do and move on from there.  

YOU ARE OK!  Keep us posted, rely on you local board for recs and vendor advice and let us know if you need anything.  There is a great group of women here and on other boards that have great advice and enjoy helping others.  
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards