May 2014 Weddings

AM I PLANNING TO EARLY???? BRIDE ON A STRICT BUDGET!!!!

MY WEDDING IS MAY 24, 2014. NO ONE HERE IM MOBILE HAS STARTED DOING THEIR 2014 CALENDAR SCHEDULES.  IM SO LOST. IM HAVING A FLOWERLESS WEDDING. THE THEME IS NATURAL GLAM WITH A PEACOCK FLARE.
OUR BUDGET IS A STRONG $5,000.
I CANT FIND A VENUE IN MY BUDGET.

Re: AM I PLANNING TO EARLY???? BRIDE ON A STRICT BUDGET!!!!

• My wedding is May 31, 2014 and we've already started planning. The budget is $3,000 and so far I think we're going to pull it off. It can definitely be done with a lot of thought and planning ahead. We don't have to pay for our venue because it is at my church but my dad will be making a generous donation. 
  • My wedding is May 17th, 2014. We've already booked our venue, and when we were in signing everything we found out that the next five weekends after ours were already booked AND they already have one wedding in 2015. But, we live in the Chicago suburbs. So for us, it's not too soon.

And really, I don't think it's too soon for you either. It's especially important when you're on a budget so that you have plenty of time to search out better deals.

If there are no venues willing to book this early, you can at least get their current prices. If they'll tell you, ask how much their prices usually go up from year to year so you can estimate what the cost will be when you are able to book. As for trying to find a venue in your price range, are there any public parks or museums  in your area? When we were searching for our venue, I found that those kinds of places were less expensive.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're getting married on May 18th, and we're already calling venues and buying little things here and there. We're on a lenient budget; between $6,000 - $8,000.

I hope that you find a venue that will suit you well. Keep looking and maybe ask around. Everything will work out how it's supposed to, lady! :)
  • Keep looking. Have you considered on a daytime wedding? Not based around a meal. It cuts costs down considerably. 

Our venue was booked last oct, we are getting married MAy 3,14. I guess it really goes by how big of a wedding/events city and are you live in. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • d2vad2va member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I think it all depends on where you live! 

I live in Miami, FL and venues (good ones) get snatched up quick! 

Im also on a pretty strict budget of 10k and I figured that the sooner I see, interview, price and select a venue the better. Just gives me more time. 

I also have a full time job, a dog (LOL), and my FI owns a business which I help with, and theres always NO TIME for anything. 

I figured, by starting earlier I will feel more relaxed, and not rushed! 

Good Luck! 

Also, I havent picked a specific date yet, as I want a saturday in either April or May 2014 so that keeps my options open as well... UNTIL I sign on the dotted line! :)

Good luck!!! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2014-weddings_am-i-planning-to-early-bride-on-a-strict-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:19d54fbd-7c52-420d-abe6-dce14dfc8da4Discussion:7d88e8ef-077d-4e1c-9425-80b93353267cPost:36882e65-db51-4e42-b34d-d8992ef7b550">Re: AM I PLANNING TO EARLY???? BRIDE ON A STRICT BUDGET!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is May 17th, 2014. We've already booked our venue, and when we were in signing everything we found out that the next five weekends after ours were already booked AND they already have one wedding in 2015. But, we live in the Chicago suburbs. So for us, it's not too soon. And really, I don't think it's too soon for you either. It's especially important when you're on a budget so that you have plenty of time to search out better deals. If there are no venues willing to book this early, you can at least get their current prices. If they'll tell you, ask how much their prices usually go up from year to year so you can estimate what the cost will be when you are able to book. As for trying to find a venue in your price range, are there any public parks or museums  in your area? When we were searching for our venue, I found that those kinds of places were less expensive.
    Posted by AnitaH08[/QUOTE]

I'm getting married the same day as you :)

I booked my venue last September because it was the only one that we liked that fit out budget and they let us book early. My photographers wouldn't let us book until about 18 months out. I have already had DJs and officiants tell me that they are already booked.

OP, have you posted this on your local board? Is that budget the total budget or the budget for reception/venue?
    Anniversary
  • My FMIL says yes but we already have the venue booked. Our budget is $5000 for 300 people so I want to make sure we can book early for deals and shop around. May is a popular month in our area.
  • I'm on a pretty tight budget lucky for me I love Vegas and its a lot less to get married there! Our venue is already booked and just yesterday I put my deposit for my dress!! Last weekend my sister also bought my daughter her flower girl dress, we ordered it 1 size bigger then what she is now. I have also booked our hair and make up appointment for myself and my bridal party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • THANK YOU HONEY FOR YOUR INPUT. HOW ARE YOU BUDGETING EVERYTHING?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2014-weddings_am-i-planning-to-early-bride-on-a-strict-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:19d54fbd-7c52-420d-abe6-dce14dfc8da4Discussion:7d88e8ef-077d-4e1c-9425-80b93353267cPost:653f4916-941e-494e-a0f4-f05a01f1445d">Re: AM I PLANNING TO EARLY???? BRIDE ON A STRICT BUDGET!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married on May 18th, and we're already calling venues and buying little things here and there. We're on a lenient budget; between $6,000 - $8,000. I hope that you find a venue that will suit you well. Keep looking and maybe ask around. Everything will work out how it's supposed to, lady! :)
    Posted by SCDuckie[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT & ENCOURAGEMENT!!!!
  • LADIES I LIVE IN MOBILE, AL THEY ARE SO SLOW WITH EVERYTHING THEY DO!!!! OMG I PROMISE THE VENUE I WANT SAID THAT THEY AREN'T SCHEDULING THEIR 2014 CALENDAR UNTIL MID SUMMER THIS YEAR WHICH IS SO IGNORANT TO ME!!!
  • I too am getting married May 24, 2014. We booked our venue (SW Florida) in February and just booked our photographer yesterday. I did experience venues that couldnt give me their pricing for 2014.so I just crossed them off my list. In my opinion its never too early..then we get the pick of the litter.

Perhaps you can ask the wedding coordinator of these venues that tell you its too early, to contact you asap when available. Or in my experience, those that didnt have there 2014 prices gave me an approximate % of what their prices would increase. Maybe you can ask?  I know its not written in stone but it may help to gauge if they are even worth your time.

Keep looking though! You can narrow your search down and then pounce when they are available!!! Good luck and congrats!

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • I

THANK U FOR YOUR COMMENT

n Response to Re: AM I PLANNING TO EARLY???? BRIDE ON A STRICT BUDGET!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I too am getting married May 24, 2014. We booked our venue (SW Florida) in February and just booked our photographer yesterday. I did experience venues that couldnt give me their pricing for 2014.so I just crossed them off my list. In my opinion its never too early..then we get the pick of the litter. Perhaps you can ask the wedding coordinator of these venues that tell you its too early, to contact you asap when available. Or in my experience, those that didnt have there 2014 prices gave me an approximate % of what their prices would increase. Maybe you can ask?  I know its not written in stone but it may help to gauge if they are even worth your time. Keep looking though! You can narrow your search down and then pounce when they are available!!! Good luck and congrats!
    Posted by LAM2228[/QUOTE]
  • LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    your welcome!!!! Any luck yet?

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • Maybe it's do to the area. We have already ran into problems with places and people being book next year! May is the most popular month in our area to get married. We have the venue, and DJ booked so far. Meeting our first photographer this week.
  • I know you said you live in Mobile, AL.  Have you thought about doing a beach wedding in Pensacola, Orange Beach, Gulf Shores areas?  You could probably contact a beach wedding company and give them your budget and be able to square the whole thing away... They have packages that include lots!  And they all book early!
    I have heard good things about Forever I Do Weddings in Pcola.

• thanks guys we finally got the ball rolling!!!

our theme is The Great Gatsby meets natural glam with a peacock flair!!!!!

• We got engaged on New Year's Eve, and our wedding date is May 10th. I vowed not to start planning until May 10th of THIS year. Even a year is a widespread amount of time plan. I really don't think it would take us that long.

Just make sure you finish planning is my motto.

Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • I am having a country wedding. I live in Kentucky. I was having venue issues as well because I live in the middle of no where. What I ended up doing was booking the Augusta Pub for my reception. As long as I have them to cater it the Pub is free. I am getting the chapel for my ceremony through them as well. For the chapel, 2 rooms in the pub, food for 70 people, unlimited pop, decorations and 2 kegs of beer I am paying 900.00 Is that to much???
  • @stephmark2014 I am getting married the same day!!! So excited
  • My wedding is May 31, 2014 and I have half of my wedding already planned ! lol it's never too early! You also give yourself lots of free time to focus on the little details by getting the big things out of the way !
  • In Response to Re: AM I PLANNING TO EARLY???? BRIDE ON A STRICT BUDGET!!!!:
    My wedding is May 17th, 2014. We've already booked our venue, and when we were in signing everything we found out that the next five weekends after ours were already booked AND they already have one wedding in 2015. But, we live in the Chicago suburbs. So for us, it's not too soon. And really, I don't think it's too soon for you either. It's especially important when you're on a budget so that you have plenty of time to search out better deals. If there are no venues willing to book this early, you can at least get their current prices. If they'll tell you, ask how much their prices usually go up from year to year so you can estimate what the cost will be when you are able to book. As for trying to find a venue in your price range, are there any public parks or museums  in your area? When we were searching for our venue, I found that those kinds of places were less expensive.
    Posted by AnitaH08
    I'm getting married the same day as you :)

I booked my venue last September because it was the only one that we liked that fit out budget and they let us book early. My photographers wouldn't let us book until about 18 months out. I have already had DJs and officiants tell me that they are already booked.

OP, have you posted this on your local board? Is that budget the total budget or the budget for reception/venue?

I'm getting married on May 17, 2014 too! We booked our venue in Las Vegas and I couldn't be more excited! Our budget is about $5000 (we can go up to $6500) for the meet & Greet, Venue, and Reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards