May 2014 Weddings

Torn between a beach wedding and a wedding here?

I can not decide between a beach wedding or a wedding in town I live.. I love the idea of a beach wedding because it is small and lovely however, If I have a beach wedding only the closest family will come so about 30 or so people and we would not be having a recption just go out to a fancy resturant.. so I would not get my cake or dance... now if I have one in my home town alot of people will come and I will have everything but I am torn anyone else have this problem? or sugesstions
My wedding is May 24th 2014 <3

Thank you for any help in advance!!!

Re: Torn between a beach wedding and a wedding here?

• If you did a beach wedding would it be in a private area, or would it be public? I would shy away from a beach wedding if it wasn't private and because of the weather.
    Are both options feasible with your budget?
    Anniversary
  • msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    You have plenty of time, but in the end you need to decide what's more important. Having a small intimate wedding, or a big party with all your friends. Would your VIPs make it to a beach wedding?

The other option would be to have a very small, immediate family only, beach wedding followed by a reception open to a larger group. This only works though if it is immediate family only, any larger and you are really just having a tiered wedding. Bad idea.

Have fun with it.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Thanks ladies we are having it here but on May 17th instead (:
  • Glad you decided what you wanted! I know we initially wanted a beach wedding, but it would be hard on grandparents to travel not to mention the heat and unpredictable Alabama weather, therefore we decided on a hometown wedding because it was crucial our grandparents be able to attend. Happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards