Getting in Shape
Options

AW and a question

Okay, so remember wayyyy back when I ordered a tank top from Zazzle? And after they took my money they emailed me to tell me the tank I ordered was discontinued and I would not be getting my product? So I called a complained and they sent me a new, different one? And that new one looked like crap? So I complained some more and they were supposed to send me a new one? And then they never sent one? Well, yesterday UPS brought me a package from Zazzle. It was the original, supposedly discontinued tank top, that I had ordered in the first place. Color me confused. I planned to call them today and just ask for a refund. 

Ignore my ugly face and dark eye circles. I slept like poop Sunday night. Good enough. I'll keep it. 

And question. I bought a dress last week that is navy and white with little teal colored beads on it. I wanted teal shoes to go with it but have been unsuccessful. I live in a rural area so store options are insanely limited. I checked online and found a pair I wanted that were perfect, but couldn't get express shipping and I need them for tomorrow now, so that's out. And I can't seem to find the dress on Loft's website because of course I bought it from an outlet, so you don't get to see a nice picture of it. Anyways, I already own these (clicky) shoes, which have the exact color I want on them. I'm no fashionista. Are they too busy to go with a patterned dress? Help me, I'm bad at girling. 

Here's the dress. Sorry the picture sucks. I wish I could find the dress on Loft's website. Bleh. I have the aforementioned shoes on in the picture. Yes? No? Also, that dress is a size 2. Boom goes the dynamite. 
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: AW and a question

• Options
    I remember your ridiculous zazzle experience.. How odd! I'm sorry you have been in a weird , confusing whirlwind regarding it all. Are you happy with the outcome of the tee shirt, though? If now, you could still call them and say all the ways they messed up and that now you just want your refund. BUt if you are thrilled to have the original cut, then yay! 

And that dress is adorbs. I'm not crazy about the shoes, but I'm not a good person to comment honestly. I'm a very plane jane, no patterns kinda girl. Mainly because I suck and putting outfits together that have more than just.. solid colors. lol
  • Options
    I think the shoes go fine with the dress. I would probably go with a solid colour given the option in order to "play it safe" but I think the combo is an edgier look without being totally out there.
  • Options
    Adorable dress. Size two? AMAZING]

And for future reference - you can sign up for vip zappos (for free) and it's free one day shipping all of the time :)  Just make sure you're logged into the vip site.

I wasn't sure about the shoes from the link, but I think that they are cute in the picture.  Or I'd go get some nude shoes.  Can't go wrong with that.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ditto FTL - not crazy about the shoes in combo with the dress - I think the differing patterns/designs will clash and be too busy. Your best bet is just a solid color pair of shoes. Cream, White, teal, navy or even silver would look good.
  • Options
    Yay dress twins! It's for a birthday date with FI tomorrow night. I'll probably just wear the shoes I already have, honestly. I've always been kind of bold with my outfits. One of my favorites from high school was a pink and black striped skirt with a highlighter orange top. Also, my lack of adorable shoes has become a major concern in my life. This has opened my eyes to the fact that all my shoes are neutral colors. I may have to start rectifying this. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    General rule of thumb for combining prints - if you have a big print, offset it with a small print, and vice-versa.

The dress is a big print, and the shoes are a big print, but it could work. I agree with PP - more conservative event (work, church, etc), I'd go with a solid (nude, black, or red would all be great). Fun night out? Wear your cute shoes and rock on with your bad self!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards