Getting in Shape
Options

Wanted to introduce myself

Hi all, I guess I'm still a newbie but I mainly post on the NEY board and I lurk on the other boards as well.

I decided to join this board for support and accountablity. I just joined the YMCA last weekend and this week I've been going to Zumba classes and swimming right after class. Today after work, I plan on trying out a Cardio Sculpt class which I am nervous about. Yikes!

My biggest problem is eating healthy. I am the epitome of a picky eater. I'm unbelievably picky, I'm not even kidding. And unfortunately all the foods I like are not healthy. Sigh. 

I'm a little irritated with myself because after I did a Zumba class and I swam in the pool, I left and got Taco Bell on the way home...I was so tired (going on 3 1/2 hours of sleep) and I'm low on groceries. So I had a weak moment and caved. And now I'm pissed at myself for basically undoing the hard work I did. Ugh. 

Ok I'm gonna stop typing now...I tend to talk too much ha. Anyway, I'm excited to join and get to know everyone! :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Wanted to introduce myself

• Options
    You'll not be successful until you can learn to not be so hard on yourself.

Yup, you made a food choice that wasn't the best.  Oh well.  You've learned.   You've learned that tired + hungry - groceries at home = Taco Bell.  Forgive yourself, let it go, and do better next time.  You can't un-eat the TBell now, but you CAN better prepare yourself to make good choices next time.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    This is the trickle effect, though. You like a lot of really bad foods, but now that you're starting to pick up working out.. you don't want to eat those bad foods in fear of ruining all the effort you just put forth. 
    That's a GREAT way to start on a track to a healthy diet! 

I have a "wedding month board" friendsie that was in the same boat. She lost 100 pounds last years SOLELY from exercising and eating better (ie, no tricks, pills, detoxes etc) and it was because she started working out that she started giving veggies a better try, learning to cook more at home, learning to love her crock pot for easy meals that are ready when she gets home, etc. 

You can do it! And we're here to cheer you on :) 
    Welcome to the board. 
  • Options
    Baby steps. Also, one "bad" day does not mean it needs to turn into a bad week. Every day is a fresh start and an opportunity for improvement.

Join us on daily accountability, you'll learn lots :)
  • Options
    kelley198721kelley198721 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Thanks everyone! 

Liatris, I have started using my fitness pal and I like it so far. My username is Kelser87. I'll add you :)

ETA: Liatris, I tried searching for your username but it won't let me. Can you send me a request instead? Thanks!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards