Getting in Shape
Options

What is your favorite travel workout?

You know the feeling. You are on vacation or a business trip and you finally motivate yourself to get up early before everyone heads to the beach (or the meeting) to go the gym. You walk in and all that's there are two treadmills, one pair of 2 lb handweights, and a bicep machine.

What do you do? Do you have a workout planned for this type of situation?

I have only one. I'm super-bored of it, but maybe it will help someone else.
-Run/jog for 3 minutes on the treadmill
-50 jumping jacks
-40 crunches
-30 mountain climbers
-20 push-ups
-10 burpees
(repeat 4 times)
-Then, put treadmill on highest speed I can handle (7.5-8.5 depending on the day) and do intervals of 20 seconds on, 20 seconds off

Please help me add to my repertoire!

Re: What is your favorite travel workout?

• Options
    This hasn't come up very often for me (it's been a while since i've travelled), but to be perfectly honest I think i would take the time to explore the new city and just walk. Might not get my heartrate up as much as heavy cardio would, but I'd probably feel more like I was on vacation and would get to see more.
  • Options
    I make due with what's available usually. I'd also suggest maybe workout dvd's that you can pop into your computer or a dvd player if there's one in your room. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    jaenellajaenella member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I like some of the body weight exercise videos (Jillian Michaels "Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism" is a particular favourite) - but then again I'm not a big gym user on a regular basis and prefer at home exercises. The nice thing about a video you can do in your own room, though, is you don't have to worry about bumping into a colleague or boss (if you're staying at a hotel with others you know) with your sweaty clothes on.
  • Options
    I would do some calisthenics/plyos, maybe HIIT on the treadmill, or yoga in my room. Or just go out for a walk later.
  • Options
    I always travel with a DVD.  I am on an Insanity kick right now and will stick with Insanity because it has given me great results!!  I can play the DVD right from my laptop!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards