Getting in Shape
Options

Motivation

Hi ladies!

I stumbled upon this motivation to work out article today and thought there were some good ideas.  So I thought I'd post it here!  Enjoy!

Re: Motivation

• Options
    I really enjoyed that. I'm having a bit of a problem with motivation now that FI's work is slowing down and he's home more - I'm more inclined to sit down with him and watch a movie. So, I kick him out of the room and tell him I'm going to do yoga. Once he's out I've gotta keep my word!

The accountability threads are good too. If I tell someone I'm going to exercise, I'm more inclined to actually exercise.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_motivation-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:41668a85-5813-470c-a479-f0e7c8e13207Post:af290e5d-bbcd-47f7-9667-aaf0be0d0283">Re: Motivation</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like it - especially the various answers that basically say "I just do it, even if I don't want to".  Somedays that is what it takes.  I will add one;  sign up for a race or other event that has a training schedule.  That makes it a bit easier to stick to workouts when they're planned out for you. Unrelated, but I found this link interesting: <a href="http://www.thekitchn.com/what-does-2000-calories-look-like-you-might-be-surprised-video-187300?utm_source=RSS&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Category%2FChannel%3A+Main" rel="nofollow">http://www.thekitchn.com/what-does-2000-calories-look-like-you-might-be-surprised-video-187300?utm_source=RSS&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Category%2FChannel%3A+Main</a> It's a video that shows how much of various foods it takes to add up to 2000 calories.  <strong>2.5 cinnabuns = a full day of calories?  Insane.</strong>
    Posted by kwitherington[/QUOTE]

Oh my goodness. That is insane. I usually split one with a friend - I knew they were bad but I didn't know they were that bad!
  • Options
    I find that just doing it is the way to go. Sometimes I REALLY don't want to bother, but tell myself that I'll just start and see what happens. And what always happens is that I finish the workout.

Possibly my silliest motivator is telling myself that I might as well do the workout since I have to wash my hair anyway, so I might as well have an actual reason (sweaty hair) than just because...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Choagie - thanks for sharing! 

@Kwith - I liked the 2,000 calorie video, more people should pay attention to that stuff, people just assume that they're eyeballing correct servings and eating moderately, but look at the olive garden totals! If someone sits down and packs away the full plate they've pretty much eaten their entire days calories, and I betcha anything they ate two other meals and snacks as well!

@Jenny - that is so funny, I use the same logic sometimes!

My motivation when I don't feel like it is totally checking in with you ladies, and my FitBit as well. The most important thing for me is to remember that if I let myself get out of the good habits I've grown into, I will backslide quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards