Getting in Shape
Options

Photo Thursday (I'm not smart enough to make that an alliteration)

In honor of the lovely (and brave) ladies sharing their gorgeous photos today (yay cnf and xcaly!), I figure we may as well start Photo Phriday a day early.

Can't wait to see what everyone has to share today! (especially after our awesome meme party yesterday)
Anniversary

Re: Photo Thursday (I'm not smart enough to make that an alliteration)

• Options
    I just realized that xcaly posted her! smokes! We have some hot women on this board O.o 

Suuuper late since H got back in December, but we finally got a few pictures from his Homecoming.. These two are my favorites.. 
    This is while we were chatting, waiting for them to arrive. This is my reaction to baby talk

When he got off the plane

I don't work out in cotton, but I really want this shirt for the gym.. Solely because when I meet people and they ask what my degree is in, their reaction is always, "ohhh.. so you're like.. smart... " uhhh.. sure...? 

But I prefer to believe this:
  • Options
    I am such an AW today. Here are mine.

My bridesmaids dresses (the flower looks a little weird and off-color because my friend photoshopped it on the picture. It should be smaller and with no background color:

My cake. Can't wait to eat it! Yum!

My dress that now fits! (the one in the photo is a sample, obviously)

Bought my hairpiece this weekend:

I love my puppy!

• Options
    xcal that's so awesome that you grow so much! I have herbs because they are easy and in pots, but I can't really make a big garden here since we're just renting. And the house we own in WA has horrible drainage. I really want to figure out what I can grow in pots here in NW Florida, though. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_photo-thursday-im-not-smart-enough-to-make-that-an-alliteration?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4526da4e-babd-479d-8526-0519921e5ddbPost:864c51ed-8b21-44b4-9f1a-bbfa58729546">Re: Photo Thursday (I'm not smart enough to make that an alliteration)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aries at the vet. He was pretending to be good. Aries trying to get treats while Bailey listened to the people outside the door. A motorcycle H would LOVE to have. My strawberry plants. We grow what we can all organic. Tomatoes and cucumbers Went a concert. This guy showed up. His hat has cat ears, his shirt was a tiger, and he was wearing a floor length tail. I couldn't resist a phot op. Bailey and her "pacifier" Something awesome I saw the other day
    Posted by xcalygrl[/QUOTE]

Awwwww! Cute puppies! I love them. I envy you growing your own fruits and veggies. I am far too lazy.
  • Options
    Andrea that dress is GORGEOUS and you're a tiny little thing! How tall are you?! 
    Anyway, it's stunning! Aaaand now I really want cake -__-
  • Options
    Yay furbabies!  SO SO SO jealous of your garden.  I would love to have even a porch to grow some herbs and stuff on.

Okay, putting on my big girl pants, inspired by cnf and xcal's guts and confidence today and going to share my before and during/after.  The first is from the end of senior year at my college (you know, day drinking and all haha) when I was at my absolute heaviest.  And it is making me beyond uncomfortable to see this photo again, and to share it.  I started on the weight loss just about three months after this was taken.

And here is me at the shower when H came to pick me up, and then a photo from just after our rehearsal.  It's about where I am now, and from where I've started focusing more on muscle and toning than weight loss (though seeing the scale drop is still very much welcome.)

Anniversary
  • Options
    FTL-I hope you're okay that I have a sers crush on you.  You're gorg.  The end.  And that is my face on babies right now, too.
    Andrea-obsessed with the BM dresses and your dress.  lovelovelove.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @lobs - WOW! What a transformation, girl! You look absolutely beautiful - kudos to you for sharing!

@lobs & ftl - lobsters, I thought the exact same thing...ftl you remind me of victoria beckham, and i definitely have a woman crush on you! Beauty!

Don't have anything new to share this week, here's a few oldies:

FI and I a a baseball game a few years ago.

Sister, BIL, Me, and FI on NYE 2011.

FI and Bailey working on the deck last summer.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ack, Lobsters, I still can't believe that transformation in you. Your face changed sooo much when you lost that weight. Blows. My. Mind. You look incredible, but you were clearly a beauty when you were heavier as well. Don't let that photo make you feel uncomfortable.. You are still that person, so she must be pretty amazing. You're just improved now. More educated, healthier, more active.. That's the goal, right? To always be improving? You just.. improved on the inside AND out. 

Oh yay! I have girl crushes?!?!  :) Shucks.. 

And I'm glad I'm not the only one with that reaction to baby talk.. lol

Libby, your Fi is so handy-man! Mine is too.. but in the way that he is really good at reaching into his wallet and pulling out the credit card to pay someone else to do it.. lol He's more of a "build computers from scratch" type of guy. 
  • Options
    you and FI are adorable libby! <3

Oh, and I'm adding in some Smushface pictures for good measure.  Smushy loves you guys.

Smushy sleeps with her face buried in blankets...

Except when she thinks she hears food/wrappers...

Anniversary
  • Options
    YESSSS SMUSHY!!!!!! AHHHHH I love her so much.. And I don't even know her. But I love her. 
  • Options
    Haha ftl, she loves you, too!  Everytime I post her pics I just want to run home and play with her.

Thanks for the kind words ladies.  I think I more than feel judged for what I used to be, and I hate being considered some kind of transformation story, which is why I wouldn't consider sharing anywhere but here (and in fact, I'm a bit defensive about it.)  I guess because I'm not some story, there wasn't some moment - I loved drinking and eating everything and being lazy in college and partying all of the time, and used that time just for that, and then when I graduated I literally just switched gears into the next phase.  Just made sense for me.

<3 you alllll
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_photo-thursday-im-not-smart-enough-to-make-that-an-alliteration?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:4526da4e-babd-479d-8526-0519921e5ddbPost:5e2ff8a7-f084-4865-866a-451632103aa2">Re: Photo Thursday (I'm not smart enough to make that an alliteration)</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're just improved now. More educated, healthier, more active.. That's the goal, right? To always be improving? You just.. improved on the inside AND out.  Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

I want to like, engrave this somewhere.  I never really thought of internal improvement as a goal - mindset, knowledge, way of thinking - and I think it's such a great attitude for the whole group to have.  It's so much more than even being able to run an extra mile or anything else.  Anything learned is improvement.  Love it, love it, love it.  Thanks FTL.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    FTL, are you wearing thigh highs to pick up your H from the airport? You foxy minx you!

Lobsters, you look amazing! Such impressive weight loss.

Libby, you guys built a deck last summer? Us too! We built some crazy monstrosity that's three different levels, two flanking staircases, and a secret path underneath to get to our cellar doors. It was a three month long project that was nearly the death of us, haha. 

Here's the before and after of the back of our house. It wraps around to meet the screened in porch and adding a door to that is FI's next project he plans to start. We finished putting up the lattice underneath since that was taken. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    haha no CNF.. I wore thigh highs to pick him on his flightline.. on base.. around allll military.. 
    Not so allowed (since that's all I had on under the jacket ;) ) but he loved it so I don't care. It was cold so I don't think anyone was suspicious since.. we all had big jackets on. 

Oh lobsters ... I <3 you so much 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_photo-thursday-im-not-smart-enough-to-make-that-an-alliteration?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:4526da4e-babd-479d-8526-0519921e5ddbPost:c23f8cee-ec25-46ae-b5fa-3ff5619dab39">Re: Photo Thursday (I'm not smart enough to make that an alliteration)</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha no CNF.. I wore thigh highs to pick him on his flightline.. on base.. around allll military..  Not so allowed (since that's all I had on under the jacket ;) ) Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

so you're holding a knit baby cap while not wearing anything under your trench and in thigh highs?  I am busting out laughing over here at that ridiculousness.  We all have much to learn from you ftl, clearly :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ahhhh! Totally needed all of this today. I love you guys!

@ftl - My FI is a little too much of a handy man! I'm usually the one that's quick to pull out the plastic and offer to hire someone to do it faster. FI is great at all the handy man stuff, but he is the KING of unfinished projects. He convinced me last weekend that he was a "dog groomer" and that he could shave Bailey himself...I offered repeatedly to just take her to the groomers and pay $40, but he insisted. So, I went to the grocery store and came back to a porch full of dog hair, Bailey half-shaved, and FI crying that her fur got in his eyes. *FACEPALM* I still love him, though...better than him not offering to do anything.

@cnf - YES, we built a deck. I will never take on such endeavor EVER AGAIN. I don't have a picture of our finished product, but yours looks awesome! Ours definitely isn't that fancy - just a bi level with a dog run attached. and ours took about 5 months total - FI, KING OF UNFINISHED PROJECTS...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @lobsters - I NEED TO MEET SMUSHFACE! I love her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_photo-thursday-im-not-smart-enough-to-make-that-an-alliteration?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4526da4e-babd-479d-8526-0519921e5ddbPost:24616c2b-e691-4581-aee8-bb007ba4bf1c">Re: Photo Thursday (I'm not smart enough to make that an alliteration)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahhhh! Totally needed all of this today. I love you guys! @ftl - My FI is a little too much of a handy man! I'm usually the one that's quick to pull out the plastic and offer to hire someone to do it faster. FI is great at all the handy man stuff, but he is the KING of unfinished projects. He convinced me last weekend that he was a "dog groomer" and that he could shave Bailey himself...I offered repeatedly to just take her to the groomers and pay $40, but he insisted. So, I went to the grocery store and came back to a porch full of dog hair, Bailey half-shaved, and FI crying that her fur got in his eyes. *FACEPALM* I still love him, though...better than him not offering to do anything. @cnf - YES, we built a deck. I will never take on such endeavor EVER AGAIN. I don't have a picture of our finished product, but yours looks awesome! Ours definitely isn't that fancy - just a bi level with a dog run attached. and ours took about 5 months total -<strong> FI, KING OF UNFINISHED PROJECTS...</strong>
    Posted by libbybacon[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh, don't worry. Half our spindles still aren't stained, FI hasn't wrapped the post supporting the roof in cedar yet, and one railing still needs a piece added. And we haven't come up with a solution yet for how to close the dog out from under the part that goes to the cellar doors without closing ourselves off too. 

</div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    omg.. I literally LOLed Libby.. 
    Story of the week. 
    You win. ahahahahahahha oooooomg.. He sounds like he could have his own show.. Something similar to "Home Improvement" :P bhahaa... omg.. seriously. amazing. 
    No pictures of the half-shaved pup?!!

hmm.. lobsters.. I didn't really think about that.. oops.. oh well, how do you think that baby was created?!! ... ugh.. I'm not allowed to have kids.. They are going to get into all our sex toys and mommy will have to make up ridiculous lies to hide the fact that mommy and daddy are freaks.
     -__-
  • Options
    bahahahahah <3 you ftl.

I will never let H try to build a deck.  Or anything.  I plan to save up extra before a house just to compensate for his lack of home improvement knowledge.  The worst part is, his dad made a mess of his family's house, and H has inherited that same 'I can do it!' stubbornness...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    No pics :( Sorry ftl! And I'm totally in the same boat of "no kids"...I love my neices and nephews, but a couple of weeks ago my neice was over and she was playing in my jewelry. I walked away for 5 minutes and she came downstairs in a pair of my 5" glitter heels and a lacy babydoll, and my FI just gave me this look, like "what do i say?!". I had to explain to Abi that "dress" was not for dress-up, and she wasn't allowed to get into my night stand ever again. Haha. I'm glad she didn't find anything worse.

@cnf-That's so funny...we haven't gotten ours stained fully yet, either. And we also don't have patio furnitire or a decent grill yet because WE ARE POOR FROM PAYING FOR OUR WEDDING. So we have this awesome deck and have yet to use it. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_photo-thursday-im-not-smart-enough-to-make-that-an-alliteration?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:4526da4e-babd-479d-8526-0519921e5ddbPost:7281be36-24aa-4ced-a7bb-9ada1a36e92d">Re: Photo Thursday (I'm not smart enough to make that an alliteration)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Andrea that dress is GORGEOUS and you're a tiny little thing! How tall are you?!  Anyway, it's stunning! Aaaand now I really want cake -__-
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

5'3. I think I just look short from the angle the photo was taken.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_photo-thursday-im-not-smart-enough-to-make-that-an-alliteration?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:4526da4e-babd-479d-8526-0519921e5ddbPost:244b7a40-e1dc-45b9-a270-e25b8c7f1d0f">Re: Photo Thursday (I'm not smart enough to make that an alliteration)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay furbabies!  SO SO SO jealous of your garden.  I would love to have even a porch to grow some herbs and stuff on. Okay, putting on my big girl pants, inspired by cnf and xcal's guts and confidence today and going to share my before and during/after.  The first is from the end of senior year at my college (you know, day drinking and all haha) when I was at my absolute heaviest.  And it is making me beyond uncomfortable to see this photo again, and to share it.  I started on the weight loss just about three months after this was taken. And here is me at the shower when H came to pick me up, and then a photo from just after our rehearsal.  It's about where I am now, and from where I've started focusing more on muscle and toning than weight loss (though seeing the scale drop is still very much welcome.)
    Posted by Lobsters25[/QUOTE]

Lobsters, wow! Great job. You look amazing!
  • Options
    XCaly: I am jealous of your gardening skills!  As soon as I get a house I am going to start gardening. 

Lobsters:  Your transformation is incredible!  Congratulations on all of the hard work that you put it. 

Andrea: Congrats on losing the inches to fit into your dress.

Libby: between your handy man stories and your niece story I am cracking up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @kwith - keep us posted! I DO eventually want kids - just not right now. I love tiny babies, though...I just wanna smush them! (in a non-abusive way) ;)

And I think (hope) that when it's your OWN baby screaming, it's different (hopefully)...hmmm...yeah, I think it's different, and not as bad/loud/enclosed of a space (maybe).

:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I guess this is as good a time/place as any, here goes nothing...
    This is at the end of the MS150 City to Shore this past year, at this point, I had lost probably 20 pounds or so already.

This is my dress, back in January the day I bought it. Probably a few pounds lighter than the pic above.  This was just before I joined the group and found MFP. I've lost a pants size and 11 pounds since buying the dress.  I'm looking forward to showing a very different pic from the wedding day! :)

This is me on the left, back in about 2009, at what is my goal weight, which sucks to share that I had it and lost it, and I could give a million reasons why, but it is what it is, I am where I am now, and I'm fighting my way back again.  My goal is to put the girl in this pic below, in that dress pictured above.... and I have 7 months and 12 days to do it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker image

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    Oh I'm so late to this post. @lobsters... You are amazing. Nuff said. @liatris... My mom says the same exact thing. @kwith... If you are serious, we may be partners in another journey this summer, instead of marathon training. :-D Oh and I have a girl crush on ftl too!
  • Options
    pt-way to go on the progress since the fitting!  you are doing great and I am sure will look beautiful!  everyone has some sort of rollercoaster period in their life, so don't worry about what was, just focus on what will be! :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards