Getting in Shape
Options

Any ideas for a workout?

I am having a REALLY hard time getting myself to do any workouts. I love walking and I have been trying to do about a 3 mile walk each day.

I need to lose some weight before the wedding as I think I have gained 10-15 pounds since I bought my dress... I'm just looking for something fun (and preferably free) to add to things. I watch what I eat and all that but I know that I need a little more to the exercise part...

Any suggestions or ideas???

Re: Any ideas for a workout?

• Options
    You might want to 'invest' in some home workout equipment - nothing big, but you can get a set of small hand weights (I have 5 lbs and 10 lbs) and a resistance band for pretty cheap at Target. I've also found old workout DVDs in bargain bins for $5 - Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred was one (or Ripped in 30? Can't remember). Just because they're not new doesn't mean they don't work! Once you have some basic equipment, you can do just about anything for free at home! If you have DVR, they have exercise videos on there for free too. You do not have to spend a lot of money to get big results!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. Baby steps is all I am looking for right now so it is a start.
  • Options
    If the YMCA in your neighbourhood is like the one in mine, you can probably go swimming for free. It's an excellent workout, and really easy on your joints.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards