Getting in Shape
Options

doing everything for THE BIG DAY but getting in shape, HELP!

hey everyone!

i'm so excited to be engaged, but for the past 3 mos all i have been doing is EATING, not exercising, i'm paying weight watchers membership ($43/month) and not writing/tracking/journaling what i eat, just pure self sabotage!!!

i went to pick out a dress yesterday, and i found the one! so so excited, but i have to lose at least 20lbs before the big day. i have 1 year and 1 week roughly, but i know that the 20lbs won't shed overnight...plus i don't want to just lose weight, i want to TONE up and get in good/decent shape!

please, any tips to get my butt off the bed/couch and GET MOVING for the biggest photo day of my life??????????EmbarassedCry

Re: doing everything for THE BIG DAY but getting in shape, HELP!

• Options
    Well, first of all, I'm glad you have a realistic attitude about it.  Congrats on getting engaged and finding your dress!

I'd say your best bet is reining in your eating, and focusing on strength training, with some HIIT for cardio.  That will get you "toned".  And really, we can't motivate you.  You just have to do it.

Also, for the future, typing in bright colors is poor netiquette. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_doing-everything-for-the-big-day-but-getting-in-shape-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:5bb35c32-d032-4376-8966-48a64f624c0dPost:136417aa-5840-43bf-9004-4489d84725a3">Re: doing everything for THE BIG DAY but getting in shape, HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, first of all, I'm glad you have a realistic attitude about it.  Congrats on getting engaged and finding your dress! I'd say your best bet is reining in your eating, and focusing on strength training, with some HIIT for cardio.  That will get you "toned".  And really, we can't motivate you.  You just have to do it. Also, for the future, typing in bright colors is poor netiquette. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

All of this. Congrats on your engagement! I'm having problems with motivation too - I tend to do well for two weeks, then lose interest. Motivation has to be something that comes from you though. Find an exercise you enjoy doing - that'll be your best bet for getting off the couch.
  • Options
    I love lifting weights, so on most days, I don't need much motivation to get to the gym. I lift as heavy as I can, which right now is baby weight, but oh well. I also wake up early to go to the gym, and get it out of the way, so to speak.
    Food is my great downfall. I am no help with that. I do recommend cooking for yourself though, because it's generally healthier, and has less chemistry. Maybe get a few cookbooks and see where it gets you? I like cookbooks called powerfood, and anything by Tosca Reno. I also have traditional cookbooks. for days I need comfort food. (Associating food with emotions isn't a good idea, but I am working on it.)
    Honestly, fitness isn't a perfect thing. If you are waiting for the perfect day of weight watcher points, or the perfect fitness program, you'll never start. Just go out and start somewhere. So what if you feel a bit foolish? I feel foolish all the time trying new moves. The key though, is that I try them. And I try to cook for myself and I try to make smart decisions. When a day isn't perfect, I brush it off and try tomorrow again.
    Check in on accountabilty, the ladies are great motivators!
  • Options
    thank you to each and every single one of you!! i'm sorry this reply is so delayed, i was so ill this entire week, barely had a chance to get out of bed, other than for work. oh but i have to say im proud i made it to 1 weight watchers meeting, and the gym 2x. your replies really helped me and i wanted to truthfully give a big huge thanks for the comfort, support and honesty! 
    btw, sorry for the blue font, i now know my netiquette :) 
    congrats to you all and thank you so so so much again!!!!!
  • Options
    i just got back from a session with a personal trainer!! feeling so motivated and CAPABLE!!!!!! woohooooooo!!!!!!!!Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards