Getting in Shape
Options

Accuracy

As I've mentioned before in the accountability threads, I just started a new job this past week. The work this week has been very physically demanding with walking around getting to know the store, stocking shelves which involves lugging and lifting things, as well as climbing stairs during certain points of the day.

On the brightside, with all the extra physical activity, my clothes are starting to feel looser :) So I have a feeling I'm burning more calories a day than I was before or even what mfp indicates. But how can I make sure it's accurate? Are there other ways I can do tracking that I can do while I'm at work?

Any suggestions are appreciated :)

Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

Re: Accuracy

• Options
    Swimmy-  I have a very physical job all the time, but there are definitely some days that are a lot more physical than others.  I've wondered about this as well, I've thought about wearing a pedometer or even my HRM to work just to see what I'm actually doing.  But in the end, what I've concluded for myself, is that I'm taking it as a burn bonus that I don't count into what I'm eating.  This way I'm not driving myself nuts with trying to track everything.  If I have an extra active day, then hopefully the pounds will come off quicker as long as I am eating near what MFP is telling me to.  That's my theory anyway... :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    Yup, you can change your settings in MFP.

You can also get something like a FitBit or BodyBugg that estimates calories burned all day long. 

Personally, I would just monitor my weight gain or loss and adjust my caloric intake from there.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I would recommend getting a FitBit - it will give you a better idea of how many calories you're burning on any given day, and it can sync with MFP.
  • Options
    ptrose: That's an awesome way to look at it! I

kwith and J&K: I changed my settings on mfp, thanks for the suggestion

entropic: what is fitbit? Is it another site like mfp?
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards