Getting in Shape
Options

Intro post!

Hey everyone -

I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided why not :) My name is Brittany I'm getting married in November of this year! I enjoy talking workouts and it will just be nice to have people around who are training.

I run, lift, and take some group classes at my gym to round it out. I also really enjoy eating healthy and finding new recipes. My FI has celiac  disease so we have to make a lot from scratch and the only gluten I keep in the house is my ezekiel bread haha :)

Re: Intro post!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:972dc809-5b82-48c0-b142-981c63f82e56Post:b0be3b92-39f4-4862-b59e-fcf2c9a20345">Re:Intro post!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! What are your goals? Favorite classes? Can you share one of your favorite recipes?
    Posted by xcalygrl[/QUOTE]

At this point my main goal is to drop my body fat %. I'm around 22-23 right now and I'd like to be around 20. I have two favorite classes, one is unique to my gym (as it is the instructors...baby? I guess you could say and its called Brickhouse). It basically combines HIT, kickboxing, dance/zumba, yoga etc. It is an amazing class. The other one that I love is a straight HIT class, but I only love it because of the instructor if she isn't there I usually spin. She is just so high energy and motivating the hour flies by!

Recipes are hard as I go by taste and add and alter as I go. We grill a lot of chicken. I make homemade salmon burgers a lot. I make homemade gravy (..marinera, FI is italian and now I can't call it marinera or red sauce haha).

One of our favorites thats a big treat is pasta with a white wine clam sauce that I make. We usually reserve that for special occasions :)
  • Options
    Hi and welcome! 
    We definitely like talking health and fitness so you are in the right place for sure :) 

It's amazing how an instructor can make all the difference! We have 5 different spin instructors at my gym and there are a couple I just can't go to. haha

bf% is a great goal! That's all been my focus for the past couple years, so yay! Most people that are new here don't think about that one.. You're a keeper ;)

• Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! I'm excited to jump in :)
    Lia - how much further do you have to go?
    firsttimer - I'm the exact same way. The top ones ar my gym once the summer hits you usually have to sign up half hour before the class to reserve your seat otherwise you won't get in. The saturday morning one you can call the night before its crazy! :|
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards