Getting in Shape
Options

My dress doesn't fit!

Yesterday my mom took me to try on petticoats to fill out my dress a bit. It was going to be the first time she saw me in the dress because she lives in Colorado and I wasnt expecting to get the dress when I got it. (My FI won a dress of my choosing at a bridal show) She goes to zip me up and it won't go past my ribs!
I almost started to cry right there, there was a solid 3-4 inches between the zipper, I don't understand how I gained so much in only 3 months. Anyways, I know I have lots of time to lose the weight but I just needed to vent.

Re: My dress doesn't fit!

• Options
    When is your wedding? If it's not until 2014, don't panic!!
  • Options
    I bought the dress I tried on, so it did fit in January. I know I have time, it was just a very difficult moment. I've started seeing a personal trainer recently, but he was focused on building my strength and endurance and we arre just starting to really focus on weight loss. I really need to kick up my cardio and watch my eating. When I was a Zumba instructor I was in great shape, so I'm gonna start taking classes again and then maybe re-cert
  • Options
    As difficult as it is to realize you've gained weight faster than you could even realize, don't panic! The other year I gained 20 lbs in 6 weeks and (literally) had NO idea how it happened! Like you, I hired a personal trainer twice a week and worked out three other days alone. In all honesty, it's not the best or smartest way to spend your hard earned funds. If you were a zumba instructor, then you probably have tons of fitness guru friends who can help guide you and motivate you in the best possible ways! Start with simple cardio to get your body and mind back into the swing of things. Couple it with cleaner eating and drinking habits. My fiance is super into the fitness world/industry/'cult' as I would rather put it, and the 'dieting' is so incredibly boring which ultimately leads you to cheat more than you are allowed. There's a few really great cookbooks called the Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno. Most people in the fitness industry say 'it doesn't have to taste good, as long as it's good for you.' <--- WHAT?!?! These books allow you to eat REAL food but help you make better choices about which foods and portions. It's really helped me in the past to find a (mentally) healthy food regimine within our home so hopefully it will help you feel better about yourself and fit your dress! Best of luck!
  • Options
    Worst case scenario - can you convert the dress into a corset back? That will allow much more freedom and be a lot less stressful.
  • Options
    Thanks qtsayuri! I'll look into that. I mean, with the trainer I've gotten much much stronger, but I think I'm going to finish out the month since its already paid for and then go back to how I was before the weight gain. 

Yes I think it could be converted to a corset back fairly easily if need be, but I'd like to avoid that if at all possible
  • Options
    Hey Miss, Good luck with the trainer, it's definitely worth finishing out what you've paid for! Just remind yourself that good and healthy 'weight loss' doesn't come easy! You'll start to feel better after a week but not see an physical difference. Give yourself at least 4 weeks before your noticeably see physical change. Also remember that it's not the number on the scale, it's how YOU feel! You've really inspired me to get on track with my diet and workout regimine so thank you!
  • Options
    Hey Miss, Good luck with the trainer, it's definitely worth finishing out what you've paid for! Just remind yourself that good and healthy 'weight loss' doesn't come easy! You'll start to feel better after a week but not see an physical difference. Give yourself at least 4 weeks before your noticeably see physical change. Also remember that it's not the number on the scale, it's how YOU feel! You've really inspired me to get on track with my diet and workout regimine so thank you!
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll keep in and mind and great! I'm glad, good luck!
  • Options
    That must have been so hard! I'm sorry! Weddings are stressful and sometimes those extra pounds just creep right up on you without you even knowing it! I'm glad that you have time to get things under control... though sorry that you are going through this. 
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ouch - did they make the right dress?
    i'm asking because my dress didn't fit either. and it was marked the 'right' size.
    when it wouldn't go over my hips i got this horrible sickening sensation... worst feeling ever. I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror - i felt like a stuffed sausage!
    i went home without the dress, had a minor meltdown, went back 4 days later to see the manager, they measured me and the dress about 6 times and turns out the designer had made my dress a size too small!
    fortunately the store sent it back and they were able to make me another dress to the correct size...
    but the dress really was marked wrong... maybe double check that?
    good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards