September 2013 Weddings

Most annoying detail?

I've been shocked at how many little details there are to wedding planning.  Things I never even thought of before.

What has been the most annoying detail so far?

I really hate writing out addresses.  Like hate it so much.  I have most of them, I just don't like looking at them, then trying to copy them over perfectly, then screwing up, and having to do it all over again.  Blah.

Humor me, I'm stuck at work...

Re: Most annoying detail?

• I'd have to say mine is the guest list. I've got people that keep moving, divorcing and such. Also, I keep contacting some of these folks for their addresses with no response. That's pretty much the only thing that's been bothering me through this whole process =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think the most annoying part for me is getting it through to FI that every little purchase he makes takes away savings from the wedding acount to pay for what we booked.  Sure, he needs Lincoln, Les Miserables, and The Master on DVD.... but they can be purchased AFTER the wedding. 

He did it anyway. 

We've had the money talk.  He gets it.  He just doesn't realize that little purchaes add up so much. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to Re: Most annoying detail?:
    [QUOTE]I think the most annoying part for me is getting it through to FI that every little purchase he makes takes away savings from the wedding acount to pay for what we booked.  Sure, he needs Lincoln, Les Miserables, and The Master on DVD.... but they can be purchased AFTER the wedding.  He did it anyway.  We've had the money talk.  He gets it.  He just doesn't realize that little purchaes add up so much. 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

The bold....right there. Hands down the worst part of it for me. No hun, you don't need to eat out for lunch daily. UGH....lol. He did a 180 last week and didn't eat lunch almost all week. . smh
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Goofy I just had the talk with FI. He told me this morning to wash my car I asked oh how much I want to wash mine too? he said 45! to me thats a lot, why not 15 and you clean your own inside? I couldn't do it. Then it adds up, lets say two cars 90...every little thing adds up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Most annoying detail - trying to get a count on how many guests need a hotel room so that we don't have to pay extra if the rooms don't get booked
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_most-annoying-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:5b5265f7-5fea-4a8e-9353-849765d9e19bPost:e21ca0ba-983b-403d-8876-dab930cbbaf0">Re: Most annoying detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most annoying detail - trying to get a count on how many guests need a hotel room so that we don't have to pay extra if the rooms don't get booked
    Posted by lidfuwu[/QUOTE]

<div>Here's a story for you:  Emailed my entire family and asked who was planning on staying (included all information about everything, - times, rates, etc).  Got a response, booked accordingly.  Apparently half of the people who said they were going to stay have now changed their minds.  FI and I will most likely get stuck with a bunch of leftover rooms, and we'll have to pay for them.  Joy.  Love my family!</div>
  • 90% of our guests are coming in from out of town, so all of those logistics are a huge headache. Picking people up from the airport, where they're going to stay, all the transportation. Ugh!
  • Our wedding site has a food and beverage minimum.  So for us, it's figuring how how to make sure we meet the minimum, but not go too much over!  We are considering "upgrades" to the cake and the beef choice, plus a champagne toast....but it's so hard to do because you don't know how many people are going to come.  If we only have 135 guests, we don't meet the minumum and money is wasted.  If we have 155, we're over the minimum by a lot.  

Also, I have to say planning the day-after brunch has been surprisingly complicated, too, but mostly because of family issues involved.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_most-annoying-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:5b5265f7-5fea-4a8e-9353-849765d9e19bPost:705cc7df-4169-4ee9-90ef-645f595e1ef6">Re: Most annoying detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the most annoying part for me is getting it through to FI that every little purchase he makes takes away savings from the wedding acount to pay for what we booked.  Sure, he needs Lincoln, Les Miserables, and The Master on DVD.... but they can be purchased AFTER the wedding.  He did it anyway.  We've had the money talk.  He gets it.  He just doesn't realize that little purchaes add up so much. 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

Your FI sounds exactly like mine! lol He loves his DVD's!
  • MajideMajide member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment

First, the most annoying thing was picking a date and location - it seemed like most people didn't think they went hand-in-hand.  When planning a short engagement, I really couldn't be picky with choosing a date first. 

Then it was the guest list, deciding on only immediate family and close friends - hard to explain that to my mom (who was the only one of the parents who was concerned about it).

At this point, nearly a month away, I'd say shopping has been the most recent annoying detail.  Got to buy suits still, buy all the little accessories, and I just can't decide!  Too many options out there!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Having all the big stuff booked and taken care of.... and now the million of little things I need to purchased that add up to hundreds of more dollars!!! Hotel welcome bags, wedding party/family gifts, bathroom baskets even frames for the small signs I have made.... ughhhhhhhhh

And of course we decided to add a videographer and a shuttle from the hotel to venue just this last month! I was able to get both for a total of $1000 even, so I felt I got a great deal and I will be happy I have it but money is the stressful part!

Anniversary
  • It's funny how time consuming some of the little details are.  Like, how long it actually took me to put the hotel gift bags together, and the bathroom baskets...
  • My most annoying detail is getting my FI to do some things he needs to do. He's helped with a lot of things with the planning that involve both of us, but he keeps putting off things that involve only him! For example, he still hasn't asked one of his friends to be a groomsman, and hasn't hunted down an MIA groomsman. My ushers keep asking if he has gotten measured for his tux yet so they know what style to get, but he hasn't done that either. I love him and feel bad for nagging him, but all he has to do is get it done :P
  • i am so over deciding on jewelry and a headpiece. and going for dress fittings!!!
  • I'd say my most annoying detail would be how inconsiderate people are with not sending their response, or when they do response, they're constantly changing their answer over whether they're bringing someone. I already sent in my final headcount and had to change it cause someone changed their mind AGAIN. Don't they realize that their flagrant disregard for thoughtfulness is just making my planning harder?
  • My latest one is that we ordered little honey jars with personalized labels and ribbons with little bees, and they came yesterday....unassembled!  Really?  Website didn't say anything about assembly being required!   Eek.
  • waiting on RSVPs
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards