Flowers

corsage wrist or pin?

I know that I over think small things, mostly to procrastinate but you guys save my fiance from hearing it all, so thanks in advance! Here's my latest over think...
I want to do bouts and corsages for WP, grandparents and parents and I've found fabric flowers that I'd like to make. There is only 1 girl in the WP and she wants a pin on corsage because she is on the Groom's side with her brothers and wants it to be similar.
Should the rest of the lady's corsages be pin on or wrist ones? I  thought the women wouldn't want their dresses poked with a pin but maybe it dosn't matter? If you were a mom or grandma of the bride or groom, which would you prefer?
If wrist corsages are the way to go, you know I'll be back with "how do I get the right wrist measurement?"

Re: corsage wrist or pin?

• This mom and the other mom are getting ones to attach to our clutch purses. Seems to be the latest in how to wear them.
  • Simply ask them what they want. That takes out of it any guesswork. That's what I did.

• Why not ask them?   My grandmotherr wants any and all details for sharing with her girls at church (all elderly).  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_corsage-wrist-or-pin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:1438f301-59b2-4b85-8420-43da387c2c99Post:c963a44d-f4a0-4c9e-aa4b-cddfa0ffca1e">corsage wrist or pin?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know that I over think small things, mostly to procrastinate but you guys save my fiance from hearing it all, so thanks in advance! Here's my latest over think... I want to do bouts and corsages for WP, grandparents and parents and I've found fabric flowers that I'd like to make. There is only 1 girl in the WP and she wants a pin on corsage because she is on the Groom's side with her brothers and wants it to be similar. Should the rest of the lady's corsages be pin on or wrist ones? I  thought the women wouldn't want their dresses poked with a pin but maybe it dosn't matter? If you were a mom or grandma of the bride or groom, which would you prefer? If wrist corsages are the way to go, you know I'll be back with "how do I get the right wrist measurement?"
    Posted by mauraacro[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ask them and let each choose what is most comfortable for them.  My mom chose to carry a small bouquet while DH's mom chose a wrist corsage.  Both were happy.

</div>
  • Thank you!
     I know that asking does seem to be the best and obvious solution but between moms, stepmoms and grannies we have 7 corsages and these are all wonderful ladies that will try to make things easier for my by saying to do whatever I think looks best.
    I really do want them to be happy and feel special. The hard part is assuring them that I want them to feel that way and getting them to say what they really want.
  • Still go ahead and ask them.  My girls know this Mama doesn't do corsages.  I did for DD #1 wedding and said never again.  First - they are for old ladies and proms.  Second - my pin on was DOA at the end of the receiving line.  
  • I have the mom's the choice of wrist, pin or mini bouquet. They both opted for wrist because of their dresses (top where flowers would have been pinned was sheer so it wouldn't have held). My mom didn't want pin because she didn't want flowers in her face.

So it all comes to personal prefernce and what will work with the outfit that they are wearing. Ask them if possible. They don't all have to be the same.
  • edited April 2013
    I asked my FMIL and she said "pin on."  I asked my mom and she is not sure but will tell me after she selects her gown.  Step Mom of Fiance wants wrist corsage.  My stepmom did not know and needs to think about it. 

Wrist corsages are done with elastic bands that stretch, but if someone is quite obese, you should not necessarily assume they will be comfortable.  Ditto if they are super petite.

We offered all four moms (no living grandmothers, two stepmoms, two moms) the choice of:

Small Bouquet
    Pin On Corsage
    Wrist Corsage
    Headband or Fascinator (type of thing) with Floral Element
  • All of our moms/grandma/godmothers wanted pin-ons and they looked great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards