Flowers

What are you doing with your bouquets?

What is/has everyone done with their bouquets after the wedding?  I wanted to originally preserve it in a shadow box but then I realized that can cost several hundred dollars to do!  I've heard of using hair spray or acrylic spray to preserve them as much as possible but does anyone have a better idea that's quick and easy?
Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg

Re: What are you doing with your bouquets?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_what-are-you-doing-with-your-bouquets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:282d16d7-4b76-4945-8538-6a356312ae5bPost:ba21a8ff-ce01-4a4b-ac9a-0d1afebc95fe">What are you doing with your bouquets?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is/has everyone done with their bouquets after the wedding?  I wanted to originally preserve it in a shadow box but then I realized that can cost several hundred dollars to do!  I've heard of using hair spray or acrylic spray to preserve them as much as possible but does anyone have a better idea that's quick and easy?
    Posted by blondii428[/QUOTE]

<div>We kept it in a vase at home for two weeks and then threw it out.  I have photos to remember it.</div>
  • I gave mine to my MIL to enjoy while H and I were on our HM.  If I want to reminisce about my bouquet I just look at my wedding pictures.

Also, I had a friend who had her bouquet preserved and put in a shadow box and it has still begun to fall apart.  Not really worth it.

Maybe you could just save a few flowers and press them in heavy books and then make them into a collage and put it in a frame.  Or dry the flowers and make some potpourri out of it.

• I kept mine for a bit, and then pulled one of the flowers out of it to put in our "story of us" box and then tossed the rest. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I forgot to do anything with mine, but the photos are lovely.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards