Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

First Dance/Last Dance

I will be walking down the aisle to the instrumental version of A Thousand Years. I am not sure if I want to have my bridesmaid walk down with the same song of have two separtate songs.

Our song is God Gave You by Blake Shelton so this will be our first dance song.

I would like to do have A Thousand Years, Pt 2 as our last dance. I would also like to have it choreographed, but nothing too cheesy. Would it be weird to have this song choreographed, and not the first dance?

Re: First Dance/Last Dance

• jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    If you're going to have choreography it should be part of your first dance which is your spotlight dance.  I think it would be weird to have for the last dance, especially if you are thinking to ask the guests to leave the dance floor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• erinlin25erinlin25 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_first-dancelast-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:21848ab3-4bc3-4a55-b8f2-a45333f4c4a5Post:13b0476f-8c1a-4b18-8776-bdd07e9abcd9">Re: First Dance/Last Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're going to have choreography it should be part of your first dance which is your spotlight dance.  I think it would be weird to have for the last dance, especially if you are thinking to ask the guests to leave the dance floor.
    Posted by jcg98[/QUOTE]

agree--and if anything is choreographed I hope you and FI are good dancers, because there is nothing more akward than two people trying to do a dance style that they are so nervous and uncomfortable dancing to.  Just dance, it does not need to be professional.  Dance like no one is watching

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards