Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Inviting ceremony musicians/students

I am thinking of asking the choir of the school where I am a teacher to sing a piece at my ceremony. Obviously I will make a donation to the school or whatever else the principal would like me to do as payment. However, I'm not sure what the etiquette is regarding inviting them to the reception. Should I invite them, even if they will not be performing during the reception, only at the ceremony? Does it make a difference that they know me, since they are my students? For clarity, I am a teacher but I am NOT the choir director.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Inviting ceremony musicians/students

• Options
    I did not invite any current students to my wedding. I had a friend who did, and some of them ended up drinking (there was a self-serve margarita machine), and she got some calls from parents the next week. I just think it is best to keep clear lines there.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I wouldn't invite them.  I sang at several weddings when I was in the choir in high school, and was never invited to the reception.  Like Addie said, best to keep the line clear.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards