Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

How many photos...

Just putting this out there but how many photos on an average is for a wedding for 4 hours?  Curious to see how many photos people have received from their professional photographer of how many photos they took.

Re: How many photos...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_how-many-photos-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:1081b7ff-93c4-433f-934b-69edf3e4a848Post:2ccf413b-5e41-4fdd-80bc-12f5ea66a707">How many photos...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just putting this out there but how many photos on an average is for a wedding for 4 hours?  Curious to see how many photos people have received from their professional photographer of how many photos they took.
    Posted by RuthieNBobby05[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I received what amounts to just under 100 photos/hour.  I'm quite sure the photographer took more, but he weeded out the unflattering ones.  I'd focus on quality, not quanity though.  

</div>
  • Don't worry so much about the quantity but focus on quality. I much rather get 50 great photos pero hour than 200 crappy ones. Our Photographer was there for the full day (about 11 hours), he had and assistant and a second shooter and I got around 500 pictures. I don't think they missed anything and I am extremely happy with the outcome. 
  • I got around 875 with three shooters (this was the whole day 8+ hour though, not just the reception).  My photographer said she probably shot over 1,000.
  • Is your photographer bringing an assistant/second shooter?  If so, that will increase the number of photos.

Anyway, for 4 hours... I would say that 300-500 photos would be what to expect. But as other people said-- quality over quantity. Be wary of a photographer who promises hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of shots!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards