Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Contacting A Photographer

How early is too early to contact a photographer for engagement photos?? My fiance and I would like to have them done this October but I'm not sure of how quickly photographers get booked or how early they need to set up sessions. If anyone could help me determine when to get in touch with the photographer for the session, that would be great!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Contacting A Photographer

• I would say it depends on how busy your photography place is and what your schedule looks like.  I just booked our engagement photos for next month due to my fiance's and mine conflicting schedules and the photographer could do it on a Sunday. If you can only do Saturdays, I would book now due to October being popular for weddings, otherwise if you can do it during the week I would say maybe 1-2 months before you want them?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_contacting-a-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:c2cf544c-b95c-477d-832f-bcb152132148Post:5684dcd4-6f0d-4c57-8104-02ff08a51c00">Contacting A Photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]How early is too early to contact a photographer for engagement photos?? My fiance and I would like to have them done this October but I'm not sure of how quickly photographers get booked or how early they need to set up sessions. If anyone could help me determine when to get in touch with the photographer for the session, that would be great!
    Posted by alexshep09[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Most people use the same photographer for engagement and wedding photos.  I'd start calling now if you already have your wedding date picked out.  You want to make sure you lock in your photograhper (good ones go fast).  Once you book him or her, you can schedule your engagement photos.

</div>
  • good photographers get booked fast. Most of them, as already stated, offer an engagement session with most packages.  Generally people get their e-session done 6 months prior to their wedding, specially if you want to use the pictures for STD cards. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards