Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Party Invites

Good morning Ladies,

I am the maid of honor for my best friend who is getting married in August.  She lives in Chicago and I live in Massachusetts where the wedding will be.  Her bachelorette party and her bridal shower are planned for the same day in June so she doesn't have to fly back and forth a bunch of times.

When should I send out invites for her bachelorette party?  Invites have not gone out for her bridal shower yet.  Her family is planning the shower.  For her bachelorette party we are going out to dinner in Boston and then to a show.  I'm also planning to rent a hotel room for whoever wants to stay overnight.  Tickets will need to be purchased for the show but each person invited will be able to purchase their own ticket via the show site.

Also should I give a breakdown of how much everything is going to cost?  This is the first time I've planned a bachelorette party on my own.  It's also the first one where hotel accomodations and tickets will need to be purchased.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jill :)

Re: Bachelorette Party Invites

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    1. Get a proposed guest list from the bride.
    2. Since show tickets tend to sell out quickly, and getting multiple seats together could be a challenge, you probably need to start now.
    3. Every invited guest should know the approximate cost breakdown upfront.

p.s. How many people are we talking, here? 1 hotel room is not enough for any more than 4 guests. The hotel courtesy should be extended to everyone...local or not.
  • Already have proposed guest list.  There are 8 girls invited including the bride and myself.  The show we are going to doesn't techincally have seats.  It's called The Donkey Show.  It's Shakespear's play A Mid Summer Nights Dream set to 70's music.  I've been before and it's so much fun.  Lots of dancing and glitter!  So I'm not really worried about us getting seats together. 

I really only think the people that will end up staying at the hotel will end up being the bride, me and 2 other bridesmaid's so 1 hotel room should be enough. 
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-party-invites-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:2545e8a4-bb21-46f6-8bc9-02269be69cf5Post:87965692-e47a-40fb-9459-bffd52bd5706">Re: Bachelorette Party Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Already have proposed guest list.  There are 8 girls invited including the bride and myself.  The show we are going to doesn't techincally have seats.  It's called The Donkey Show.  It's Shakespear's play A Mid Summer Nights Dream set to 70's music.  I've been before and it's so much fun.  Lots of dancing and glitter!  So I'm not really worried about us getting seats together.  I really only think the people that will end up staying at the hotel will end up being the bride, me and 2 other bridesmaid's so 1 hotel room should be enough. 
    Posted by jillsky2280[/QUOTE]

For future reference, just try to put all relevant information like this in your original post.

That's a small group, so I'm not sure what you needed advice about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards