Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachelorette Party guest declined but now wants to come.

A friend's bachelorette party is this weekend in AC.  There was a 2/28 decision deadline set and a 03/31 final balance deadline set.  Last Thursday, 04/04, the bride got a text from one of the girls that had declined saying that she now wants to come to the dinner and nightclub but that she'll get her own room in a different hotel.  The problem is that we're doing VIP at the nightclub and they have a very strict rule that you must buy 1 bottle per 4 girls attending.  Since we have 12 attendees already the latecomer would make us have to buy a 4th bottle @ $432.00.  The bride and the latecomer spoke, fought and are now feuding.  Apparently the latecomer feels that the bride should have asked the other girls to chip in for the 4th bottle or that the bride herself should have paid since the latecomer and her hubby have done a lot for the bride and her fiancée.  Me and the rest of the attendees think that the latecomer is being totally unreasonable and do not feel that we or the bride should have to pay for this girl as she had ample opportunity to make a decision.  Are we all wrong on this?

Re: Bachelorette Party guest declined but now wants to come.

• Options
    I don't think there's any easy answer here. If she has really done a lot for the bride, tjhe bride could try to subsidize the cost for this girl. I don't think she could ask everyone for an extra $33 now that they've budgeted for a certain amount. She also wouldn't be wrong to explain the situation and say it is really too late and she can either just meet you for dinner or cover the bottle. 
  • Options

Thanks AndreaJulia.  That's kind of how I feel too. 

• Options
    I think it's the girls fault for now just deciding that she wants to come. The decision deadline was more than a month ago and everyone else made a decision and stuck with it. I think it's crazy to ask all those who did RSVP on time and make the effort to plan to shell out more money and bend over backwards for someone who changes her mind last minute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards