Pre-wedding Parties

Budget Rehearsal Dinner Help

Hello Ladies

Our wedding is 6 months away (yay Save The Dates going out this week), and I was starting to look at rehearsal dinner options. We are having a very budgeted wedding, as my fiance and I are paying for almost all of it, and was wondering if you guys had any ideas on budget friendly rehearsal dinners?? 

I will say that our reception is in a barn and will probably be BBQ style meal. 

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas!

EDIT: I should include that this is an early October wedding in Nebraska. 

Re: Budget Rehearsal Dinner Help

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    My dad paid for our wedding, but my husband and I paid for the RD, and for that, we definitely had to be on a budget. We just went to Pizza Hut. It was very inexpensive, and everyone had a good time. You don't need to do anything fancy. It's just dinner to say thanks to the people involved in your wedding. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Maybe someone in your/his family would be willing to have the dinner at their house and get it catered. My FMIL is trying her hardest to find a restaurant within her budget, as she is not very well-off. We told her she did not need to do that, but she wants so badly to contribute to the wedding. I have a lot of out of town family, and the families have never met. We are all very close, and it's very important to us that they meet before the wedding. 

Our backup plan: FI's grandma offered up her house. His family is a HUGE Italian family, and they have get-togethers where everyone brings food all the time! I think this would be a nice laid-back option.
  • We are having a very country wedding so instead of going to a fancy resturant which isn't like us we are having a get toghether in our shop- BBQ themed. I'm getting the red checkered table clothes from oriental trading. My fiance's going to smoke a piece of meat. Gonna have potato salad and chip! Gonna be a good ol' time down on the farm! Yee Haw!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Generally, the more casual this can be, the less expensive it might be. 

We are hosting a picnic: burgers, brats, veg. option, salads, fruit, & a cotton candy machine.

This will be held at the house we are renting to stay in the week of the wedding. 

Budget-friendly, but more importantly, relaxed and fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards