Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Alcohol

My venue does not include alcohol so does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy alcohol in bulk in the PIttsburgh area?  Thanks much. 

Re: Alcohol

• Options
    You really don't have alot of choices in PA except the state stores and such, the good news is you can take back what you don't use if you have the receipt.  For an event I did years ago I actually bought some stuff in Ohio - course u really should not bring alcohol across the border :)
  • Options
    You could always go to a winery for your wines - most give discounts if you buy in bulk.  My favorite semi-local place is Volant Mill (they have a location in Cranberry), but there are others (especially if you go to places like Smicksburg or Erie).
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    In PA you can't purchase in bulk.  For wine you can go to a winery for a deal but for hard liqour your best bet is to find someone who owns a bar or resteraunt because they usually get a discount at the state store - that is what we are doing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_alcohol-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:4d0f2cef-910a-49e6-a14f-96f35247f031Post:8c15d56b-fb8b-4001-9cd7-17693dad062f">Re: Alcohol</a>:
    [QUOTE]My favorite semi-local place is Volant Mill (they have a location in Cranberry), 
    Posted by jendem8[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Shut the front door.  WHERE?  We LOVE Cocoa Vino.  We drive to Grove City (where they also have a store, next to Primanti's) just for that.  

</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Volant winery! But think of it this way coming to GCC where I live you  can get wine, a Primanti brothers sandwich and shop!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yep!  They opened it maybe 2 years ago?  (I could be totally off on that, but it's somewhat recent).  My husband is from New Castle - close to Volant - so we found the winery on a trip up to the town of Volant one fall (they have a little festival).  I have tried the Cocoa Vino before... yum!  The Volant Red is my all-time favorite!  I copy and pasted the info from their website.  I believe you can also get their wine with dinner at BD's Mongolian Grill in the SouthSide Works.

535 Adams Shoppes Mars, PA 16046

(behind the DQ on PA Route 228)

724-591-5699

Mon-Sat 11-8

Sun 12-5

Also, in the same shopping plaza as Volant Mill in Cranberry there is an awesome pizza place where you pick toppings for a fresh pizza to take home and bake in the oven (AND giant cookies that you take home to back in your oven as well).  I highly recommend a trip there... it makes for a great dinner when paired with your favorite vino!
    Smile

image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    OH geez.  I know what I'm doing when we finally move into our new house.  Thank you!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do you know someone in the army that can purchase for you at a PX/Commissary?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards