Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Not sure if this is rude....

I have searched and am not finding exactly what I want.

I have our registry set up on our knot website, and we are registered at BBB and Target. I added the ASPCA as a charity, BUT it simply says for every gift bought the knot will donate a portion to the ASPCA in our honor. Is that rude?

We have a small registry, only about 30 items at each store. 

"With each gift purchased from our wedding website, TheKnot.com will make a donation to our favorite charity, American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA). Helping give animals a voice."

That's exactly what it says.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Not sure if this is rude....

• Options
    Yes. Some people may not agree with the charity and its inappropriate to highlight you good deeds. It looks rather AWish. However, since the charity is dear to you, can can take all of your cash gifts from the wedding and donate it privately.
  • Options
    Thanks!

Much better idea. I don't want to upset anyone def. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I don't think it's rude to do this.  It doesn't cost anything to you or to the gift giver.  Additionally, if the gift giver felt strongly against anything going towards that charity, they can open the registry through the BBB or Target website and The Knot will not donate the money.  I think it's fine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_not-sure-if-this-is-rude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:0e62e50f-5d16-4dc8-9685-42bcb779a269Post:95dacb96-35c8-485f-a112-571c5a77ffb5">Not sure if this is rude....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have searched and am not finding exactly what I want. I have our registry set up on our knot website, and we are registered at BBB and Target. I added the ASPCA as a charity, BUT it simply says for every gift bought the knot will donate a portion to the ASPCA in our honor. Is that rude? We have a small registry, only about 30 items at each store.  " With each gift purchased from our wedding website, TheKnot.com will make a donation to our favorite charity,   American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) . Helping give animals a voice." That's exactly what it says.
    Posted by AllieBear725[/QUOTE]

<p class="MsoNormal">Hi Allie,</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Friends and family want to do something special to commemorate your big day, so a gift registry and/or charity programs are the best way to indicate your preferences.  Friends and family always have the option of doing something on their own instead.  </p><p class="MsoNormal">Also, The Knot charity program applies to gifts purchased for you from your retailer registry through TheKnot.com (e.g. from your Knot wedding website, or through TheKnot.com couples search).  If friends and family prefer not to drive donations to your charity, they can purchase your gift by looking up your registry on the retailer website directly, and bypassing The Knot so they don’t drive donations.   </p><p class="MsoNormal">Kudos to you and your fiancé for sharing your wedding joy by helping a cause that is close to your heart!</p>
  • Options

I don´t think it is rude, to let other people know that a part of the gift will be donated to charity.

Definitely if they don´t like it then, they can choose something else. But I think is nice what you are doing.

• Options
    I have NO problem with it and you give people the option for if they don't like the said charity to look at a registery else where.  So Have no problem with that at all.  I think it's a very non selfish thing to do and wish more people wouldn't get so uptight about it.  You want to give your bride and groom something that means something to them why a charity is any different is beyond me.  Shows just how much we are attached even as guests to possessions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards