Registry and Gift Forum

when to open gifts?

Hi everyone,

I need a little help... 

We just got our first wedding gift shipped to us from the store were we are registered.  My shower is about 3 weeks away...  What do we do?  Do we open the gift now?  Do I wait and bring it to the shower?  I'm not planning the shower, so I don't know if the person who sent it to us is attending or not...  Not sure how to handle this and I don't want to do the wrong thing or offend anyone. 

Please advise... 

Thanks in advance,

Nicol

Re: when to open gifts?

• Open it now and send a thank you card, but don't use it until after the wedding.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Since it came to you, open it now and send the gift. 

For my shower, gifts were sent to my parents address, and when my mom got them she just informed the sender when it was delivered and that she would bring it to the shower so I could open them there.  Usually if people are going to come to the shower, they will bring the gift with them rather than sending it, so you are probably safe that they are not coming so I would just open it and send a thank you. 

Anniversary
  • Thanks everyone... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards