Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Fine China vs. Casual China vs. Everyday Dinnerware

Can someone explain the benefits of each type of dinnerware? I think we are going with the Casual China.. it is bone china, and we were told that is the best quality? We do a lot of entertaining but don't think we need the super fancy set, and we also want to be able to use the dishwasher and microwave. Is bone china better than porcelin?

Thanks so much!

Re: Fine China vs. Casual China vs. Everyday Dinnerware

• Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    We just got Pottery Barn Great White.    DH is a PITA and only likes plain white dishes.  It's chef thing as (according to him) displaying food should not compete with a pattern on a dish.    Meh.   He does do the cooking and his presentation is amazing, so I will let him have that.

My parent's bought me some bone xmas china 25 years ago.   Speaking of my parents, they are addicted to china.  They bought a ton when they lived in Japan. They have about 10 different sets.   Lenox poppies on blue is their everyday china.  They do entertain a lot, but yeah, it's crazy.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards