Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Kate Spade Dinnerware - where are you!?

I found a set of Kate Spade dinnerware online that I love! It's on Bed, Bath & Beyond & Belk's websites so I went to BBB today to take a look at it. They only carry it in two stores in the greater Raleigh area - same with Belk. Needless to say, it will be tough for our guests to find it without having to order online.

Do any of you know of stores that typically carry Kate Spade dinnerware that is readily available to buy in-store? Thanks!

Re: Kate Spade Dinnerware - where are you!?

• Options
    Macy's sells most Kate Spade patterns in-store.  Dillards usually sells the place settings in-store.

Don't worry about online ordering.  Some guests will go to the store, but the store can order it for them if they want to buy that piece.  In our experience, probably 75-80% of our gifts were bought online.

Personally, I would register for the china at Belk.  It's a more traditional department store.  Your china-shoppers may not think to look at BBB.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bloomingdales sells it in store. But I don't think it's a big deal if it's only available online. I always buy wedding gifts online because it's a PITA trying to find the exact item in store.
  • Options
    I have my Kate Spade China at Macy's I am pretty sure they carry most of the place setting in store, but they do not carry most of the China serving pieces in store.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Our younger guests will have no problem buying online (like myself), but worried about the older guests. Unfortunately, no stores nearby either of our hometowns (where most of our guests are from) carry the line in-store. Thanks for easing my mind about the online-only option!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_kate-spade-dinnerware-where-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:80f050a1-282f-4b63-9fb3-64bca01baafaPost:9e016fb8-8d02-47ad-8fe7-43051ae89857">Re: Kate Spade Dinnerware - where are you!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our younger guests will have no problem buying online (like myself), but worried about the older guests. Unfortunately, no stores nearby either of our hometowns (where most of our guests are from) carry the line in-store. Thanks for easing my mind about the online-only option!
    Posted by aefowler[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yes but even if your older guests go in-store, the store can order it for them while they are sitting there.  Almost no department stores carry serving pieces these days (and many don't carry the place settings either), yet it is still easy for the store clerk to place an order for the guest.

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Quick follow up question - does the store typically charge shipping, etc. to have the item delivered to the store?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_kate-spade-dinnerware-where-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:80f050a1-282f-4b63-9fb3-64bca01baafaPost:6df2a78d-018a-483b-8122-a4456524e22c">Re: Kate Spade Dinnerware - where are you!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quick follow up question - does the store typically charge shipping, etc. to have the item delivered to the store?
    Posted by aefowler[/QUOTE]

<div>In my experience, I've never had to pay shipping if the item is delivered to the store. Most stores don't even charge shipping to your home, if your order is over a certain amount, like $50 or $100. </div>
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_kate-spade-dinnerware-where-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:80f050a1-282f-4b63-9fb3-64bca01baafaPost:6df2a78d-018a-483b-8122-a4456524e22c">Re: Kate Spade Dinnerware - where are you!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quick follow up question - does the store typically charge shipping, etc. to have the item delivered to the store?
    Posted by aefowler[/QUOTE]

<div>Bed Bath and Beyond does not charge shipping if the item is out of stock or not something they carry in the store (as long as you order in store - if you order online there is still a shipping fee). I believe Macy's charges shipping unless your order is over $50.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, the item would either be shipped to the guest ordering it, or straight to you with the address you provided when you set up your registry. Which is nice because then your guest doesn't have to go back into the store to pick it up.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_kate-spade-dinnerware-where-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:80f050a1-282f-4b63-9fb3-64bca01baafaPost:7de34ead-3427-4363-a82d-8f580181dd19">Re: Kate Spade Dinnerware - where are you!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kate Spade Dinnerware - where are you!? : Bed Bath and Beyond does not charge shipping if the item is out of stock or not something they carry in the store (as long as you order in store - if you order online there is still a shipping fee). I believe Macy's charges shipping unless your order is over $50. Also, the item would either be shipped to the guest ordering it, or straight to you with the address you provided when you set up your registry. Which is nice because then your guest doesn't have to go back into the store to pick it up.
    Posted by Cackle6[/QUOTE]

<div>Macy's free shipping kicks in at $99.  The vast majority of our guests who shopped from there ordered online (even the older ones) and hit the $99 mark for free shipping.  It's not too hard to do with china.</div><div>
    </div><div>I might be wrong, but I think Belk's policies are the same.  My only concern with registering for it at BBB is whether guests who are china shoppers would think to look there.  Macy's (and Belk down south) are sort of the go-to stores for a lot of people who want to buy china in my experience.</div><div>
    </div><div>You might be surprised by how many older folks shop online. I certainly was.  We got maybe 15 or 20 boxed gifts at the reception, but the vast majority came in early, even from our older guests.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards