Registry and Gift Forum

Wedding Registery???????

My wedding is March 1, 2014...When should I start my registery? My second question is where is the best place to register? I am in Florida...I would like to do my registery at MACYS, BBB and on a website for our Honeymoon...Is this too excessive? Please advise.  :)

Re: Wedding Registery???????

• You can register whenever you like. Just if you do so now, be sure you keep an eye out for things that might be discontinued.

BB&B and Macy's both are good places to register (good bonuses and return policies if people get you duplicates). Honeymoon registries are almost universally discouraged however for a number of reasons (I believe they have a sticky about them above).

photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_wedding-registery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:d368a548-5c37-4a92-afc7-9e4569820d2dPost:300c6626-b9db-4c34-b480-8a4bfa787c2b">Wedding Registery???????</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is March 1, 2014...When should I start my registery? My second question is where is the best place to register? I am in Florida...I would like to do my registery at MACYS, BBB and on a website for our Honeymoon...Is this too excessive? Please advise.  :)
    Posted by CarSaidYes[/QUOTE]

Macy's and BBB are both great choices. Honeymoon registries are extremely rude, and very tacky.  <strong>DO NOT do a honeymoon registry</strong>!!! 
  • If you truly want money for a honeymoon, don't start a honeymoon registry.  They are very deceiving to guests.  Your guests pay for a romantic dinner for 2 on the beach, for $100, you end up getting $79.82 after the honeymoon registry website take a cut of the money and you never have to actually take that romantic dinner on the beach.

Create a small registry of items and if people ask, you can say that you are registered at BB&B, but are also saving for your honeymoon.  This will give guests the clue that you would prefer cash.
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I started our registry a month after getting engaged and I'm glad I did...  A few people purchased engagement gifts off of it.  We chose BBB, Target & Kohls.  Kohls pretty much only for the bedding and a couple picture frames and BBB as they had the china we wanted at a better price than Macy's.

Have you researched honeymoon registries?  Pretty much most regulars here are against them for great reasons.  I'd recommend looking into them and reading the details before signing up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards