Second Weddings

"Second" Wedding

Hi ladies! Help!! Opinions please! I'm looking at planning 2 "weddings", back to back. My family is in one state (FL), and fiance's is in another (OK). I would have just 1, but my grandparents are unable to travel, and I'd really like them to experience more than 1 grandkid's wedding (I would be 2nd grandchild to get married). So, here is it what I'm wondering. Our 'wedding' wedding will be where we live, where fiance's family is (OK). We want to do a mini wedding, or "vow re-reading" or whatever it is, where my family is (FL). Do I ask my immediate family to attend/participate in the main wedding in OK and the  FL 'wedding', or one or the other? Do I do the mini 'wedding' first, or soon afterwards? The actual wedding would be as such, and the mini would be kinda just vowing ourselves to each other. My dad's partner will be the 'officiant' for the mini wedding and neither will be a really 'religious' ceremony. 

Re: "Second" Wedding

• NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    Ally, when you have two posts, put XP in the headline on both so everyone knows you have posted on the E board also. Btw, you're planning two parties, not planning a second wedding unless you get divorced in between.
  • No validation on the other boards.

Have a party in FL; don't throw two "weddings."
  • Ally,
    You're taking on big challenge but it can be done. If you do a mini-wedding it may be less stressful if you do that one first. As for your family leave the decision to them if they want to be apart of both. However their presence and participation should be focused on the big ceremony.
    The mini ceremony can consist of just a maid of honor and bes tman, and officiate. Followed by a cake and punch reception or a simple luncheon. The attire does not have to be your wedding gown just a pretty formal dress.

While this is not considered a second wedding if you go this route it will feel like one. Good luck
    StarrShine
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards